Muscle twitches and cramps 2 months after parathyroid surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else have problems after parathyroid surgery? The doctor seems to think it's my body getting used to new calcium levels.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tara.  Join Sallie Powell's Facebook site.  She has over 1,000 members and you can get fantastic support there.  You won't be experiencing something that others have not experienced.  Alan.

Hyperparatyroid UK Action4Change

• Posted

I mispelt the link.  Here is the corrected one.  Apologies.  Alan.

Hyperparathyroid UK Action4Change

• Posted

Hi Tara,

I had parathyroid surgery (3.5 glands removed due to hyperplasia.) 5 weeks ago...I have muscle twitches and afternoon muscle aches and palpitations. Did yours get better? If so, what did you do? Do you have to take calcium and D?

Diane-0)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.