Muscle twitches, mainly calves... but also noticable in arms, chest, abdmonials and back!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a sports enthusiast and this year have ran almost 2000 miles, including 1 marathon.

I noticed my calf muscles twitching, which is very visible at times. It happens when i'm either sitting or laying down. I can really notice is at night.

Then there are other twitching sensations going through other parts of my body.

This has been going on for almost 2 months.

Could this be a sign of MND/ALS? no muscle weakness. Some tension in calves/lower back.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. sounds familiar. we're you on any antibiotics any meds before this happened ??

• Posted

Hello. No, but i was taking Betahistine for 2 weeks, as DR prescribed it to me to help with dizziness.

I am a male, 27, white.

What is your familiarity with this?

• Posted

in my case side effects from taking antibiotics that haven't left yet. make sure you run tests to make sure your muscles are ok. I too used to be a runner and taekwondo athlete and now can't do that no more. hope you're feeling better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.