Muscle twitches that doesn't let me sleep..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been experiencing muscle twitches..mild..that continues for 3hrs..usually occurs in the nigt..it occurs abt twice a month sometimes thrice..b4 i gad it oly in my legs..recently i started having it in my arms forearms wrists back shoulder.. when it occurs i dnt sleep properly fr 1 2hrs..though ill be dieing to sleep..recently I had it for 4hrs..I try sleeping but some tingling sensation in my muscles wakes me up..its irritating..im 21yrs..when it occurs I wake up all nigt till 4 or 5..and then I take walk masage my legs..and try sleeping again..sometimes tey end..sometimes tey dnt go no matter wat I do..and im not on any drusg and i dnt hav any other symptoms..but wen i see some spelling on a poster my finger strts writing tat spelling in the air..then i notice it and stop..im doing this since my childhood..and I cant balance my body properly wen I stand..I keep tripping..people think im about to faint..I hav tis since childhood..pls help.!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

And Its very difficult for me to walk down a hall way..such un levelled floors always scare me..I feel like im about to fall..its abnormal..others just run over it and I cant..and I fell sometimes at such places..pls help!!
  • Posted

I am not sure about the other symptoms, but for the legs twitching in bed several people have told me the followin solution. I know it sounds crazy but they swear that it works. Put a bar of soap inside your bed at the foot. I have no real idea how it might work, but it is worth a try for week or two and see if it helps.
  • Posted

Hi, I had similar symptoms, twitching and tingling of the muscles in my legs and eyelids. And painful cramps in my legs and feet. At that time I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. As far as I know, hyperthyroidism can cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies that in turn cause muscle problems. Talk to your GP and have your levels of Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium checked. I used to apply Magnesium oil to my legs and it helped.

Vitamin B deficiencies can also cause nerve problems.

• Posted

ask doctor for blood work, ( full eletrolite panel), Emg( important), then muscle mri(if shows anything) then muscle biopsy and genetic testing.also if you have muscle weakness make sure to tell him. I Have alot of those alot of those muscle twitching and suffer from a myopathy/ neuromuscular disorder.
  • Posted

Ye I would go and see GP and get all the test done as will24 says, in the meantime it won't hurt to try magnesium, calcium, Zink, vitamin d, b12, let us know how you get on😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.