Muscle twitches, trembling and nausea - withdrawal symptoms??

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've been on amitriptyline (10mg) for about 5 weeks and missed 2 nights (not consecutively) last week then started to feel shaky all over, especially my hands (not visible). I decided to come off the amitriptyline as I'd been worried about side effects when I started and this concerned me. I went down to 5mg and the next day the shaking was worse (you could see it in my fingers when I lifted them up off the desk if that makes sense) and I had muscle twitches all over my body about every 30 seconds. Plus horrible nausea that I didn't have when on it. I know nausea is a common withdrawal symptom but has anyone else experienced the shaking/tremour and muscle twitches? And how long did it take to go (please tell me it went! 😃 ) ? Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. I have been on this for over 5 years and stopped and started it without any of these symptoms. I was on 50mg then increased to 100mg+ but only took it when I needed to. I found taking it daily wasn't as effective. Your doctor would be the best person to ask regarding this though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.