Muscle twitching

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I strongly suspect I have ME/CFS (still not sure which term to use!). I have an appointment with docs on Weds to discuss all my symtoms of which most have been ongoing for some 13 years.

However, over the last 3 weeks only I have had a repeated and quite severe muscle twitch in my right forearm. It is so bad that I can't keep my computer mouse in one position as it moves my hand so I have to stop working. 

This twitch is always in exactly the same place and is happening more and more often as time progresses and starting to get faster when it happens. 

It is now happening maybe 10 times a day for between 30 seconds and 5mins at a time

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it odd that it has only started recently if my other symptoms have been happening for so long? 

Anything I should be concerened about? From what I can tell online it's a fairly beneign symptom but it's quite scary to be so out of control of your own body!

Thank you in advance for any advice or support. 

Pink sugar

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Symptoms come and go and new one's do crop up now and again. Mention it to your doctor of course but it's not unusual for new symptoms to start even after a period of time.

• Posted

well intentional twitch or shake I have and shaking hand I cannot pick up a fork load of food so its quite a bad edition. I dont see that the twitch is related to M.E which I had badly once/ M.E involves great weakness exhaustion, pain in the lower leg and loss of cognitive ability so its hard to count out a number of things for instance.

M>E and CFS are two different things apparently I think CFS is more like brain fag and tiredness. However it sounds as though you have a compressed nerve possibly and in any case you must get it checked out I think.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice Gill73026. Greatly appreciated. 
    • Posted

Twitching is very common with CFS/me. It's usually found in the majority of patients. Spasms, tremors, twitching, fasisculation are all common in CFS/me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.