Muscle Twitching After Vaccine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

30 Female 5'6'' 223 lbs AA

Medications: Metoprolol, metformin, hydrochlorothiazide, nifedipine, and ozempic for weight loss. I am also taking vitamin D and a postnatal vitamin.

I have a hx of cesarean section, preeclampsia, hypertension, PCOS, gestational diabetes, anxiety, postpartum depression, and postpartum hyperthyroidism. I have been actively trying to lose weight and have now been rx ozempic to help with weight loss and am working with my PCP and an endocrinologist.

I am a frontline worker and I received dose 1 of the Covid-19 (Moderna) vaccine 01/2021 and completed the series in 02/2021. I also started ozempic in 01/2021. Ever since I have been having muscle twitching in my arms, legs, back that are not painful at all. First I noticed was at the injection site. They aren't constant but happen everyday and I notice them especially at night when lying in bed. I spoke with my PCP who told me to increase water intake and I have and these twitches continue. I feel fine other than the twitching and some anxiety about the twitching/vaccine and am not experiencing any other symptoms. My PCP told me to stop the ozempic to see if the twitching stops? But has not has any of her patients experience muscle twitching after taking the medication. I am assuming this may be vaccine related? Maybe the anxiety associated with the vaccine? I am obviously worried sick and anxious thinking about all the things it could be. I have an upcoming appointment with neuro.

I did research about ozempic and one of the warnings say to tell provider if experiencing muscle twitching and my provider does not believe it is related.

Should I be alarmed? Is this MS? ALS? Can these things be triggered by a vaccine this quickly if at all?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi elle - i have had the same but also have developed tremor since pfizer vaccine 5 weeks ago. healthy 38 year old female! have your twitches resolved and did you go for the second jab? mine is due in 6 weeks and im worried.

• Posted

Hi,

same for me after first shot vaccine. Have you found a medication to reduce this sparse muscle twitching? I'd like to do the full vaccination, but I've never had fasciculations before in my life. They have started 3 days after first shot.

• Posted

i too have twitches including my head the night after i had first pfizer jab in may. Still have symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.