Muscle twitching + Chilling burning feeling + fatigue for 2+ years

Posted , 2 users are following.

For past two years (even more), I have been feeling twitches all over my body. In first year they were limited to arms and legs but now they're poking around rib-cage, buttocks, eyes, neck, and as I write this I can feel one behind ankle. This is lot more visible when I lay down to sleep, sometimes fingers flick due to this during bedtime.

Took Ensure supplement to make sure that no deficiency is causing this, took Vitamin B and D pills separately, after extensive blood tests (thyroid, CBC, Folic etc), everything was normal.

There should be some answer? GP has failed to recognized the cause. Neurologist was not suggested as there was no symptom of loss/lack of coordination although my fingers do feel very slightly clumsy. 

The only link I'm able to find so far that both of the times it started with pins and needles and arms squeezing during sleep. and both of the time I was consuming antibiotics (Cefixime - different brand names) for 2-3 days for various minor infections.

Any clue what's wrong? I also feel chilling breath with burning in arms/legs/neck at times.

This has crippled my life as I always feel like struggling inside. A little stress on body exhausts me like anything and muscles pulled up.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it sound abit like mine i have what they call clonus it affects the ankles,calfs,quads,hamstrings both arms fingers and also the head and neck had lots of tests done and MRI SCANS AND X-RAYS it is part of the MS AND PARKINSON group
    • Posted

You got any of those?  Whats you age?

Once a GP checked me for neurological disorder signs, he seemed confident that I got none.

• Posted

it sounds like what i have got,i have had it for nearly 5 years,,there are 4 causes of clonus,which is

1 ) a stroke, 2 ) demensure,  but the main cause is if you have had ANY injuries to your spine or spinal

column, 2) the upper neck injury,and 3 ) head injuries or if you are depressed/anxiety.

i had X-RAYS done on my lowerback,also i had an MRI SCAN ,they both showed up problems in the lowerback

and my neck,i have just sent 3 letters to the 3 consultants i am under at Aintree hospital,walton neuro hospital

and also toRenacres hall,I also saw one of my GPS that i seetold him that i had written those letters,i also had done muscle and conduction test done on my ankles,calfs,quads both legs,then they did the same with my arms,

it showed i had a problem on my leg side,so would would go back to your GP ,and ask for X-RAY,MRI SCAN

AND MUSCLE CONDUCTION TESTS,I HAVE TO HAVE physio twice aweek Tuesdays and Thursday each

session is for an hour

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.