Muscle Twitching / Fasciculations 16 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I'm a 28 year old male and currently taking no medication. I have been experiencing widespread muscle twitching and fatigue now for 16 months. I suffer with social and health anxiety (hence why i'm posting in this forum). I have had the twitches appear all over my body. Started in the legs and feet and rapidly moved to my upper body such as stomach, neck, face, back, buttocks, you name it, i've had the twitch. Some days are better than others. I have noticed stress can make it worse and also whenever i consume gluten.

After many trips to the GP and numerous blood work. The doctor could not find anything abnormal with my tests which she referred me to see a neurologist. I am due to have a consultation the end of Nov. I am just fed up and want some answers, i am sick of the worry racing through my thoughts daily that i have MND or MS. It is ruining my life, i am a music production student at university in my final year working on a business plan and an album and the constant worrying daily is setting me back and preventing me to get engaged on these large projects.

I just thought i would share my experience and ask if anyone else is going through the same thing?

Kind Regards,

Jordan.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi your gp should of really sent you for an emg test at your local hospital ive had 2 and 4 nerve studies all through my gp not my neuro ,its good your seeing a neurologist soon ,alot of ppl get benign fasculations all over ive seen many posts similar to yours if you had mnd that normally starts with falls footdrop etc its extremely rare and at your age even more rare ,try not to worry ,worry causes symptoms to get worse the brain is extremely powerful once your focused on symptoms its homed in on them and they keep going and get worse and the cycle continues ,ask your gp for an emg test it rules out many things

• Posted

I went through same thing man, body wide twitching, literally some times non stop, its even kept me from sleeping before because it would NOT stop. Ive spent thousands, had every test in the book, and still no diagnosis yet. Most docs say its benign, or BFS, or nerve irritation from muscle spasms or hurting your back. Also, most docs just keep telling me stress, sleep, anxiety can really ramp up and trigger BFS. Even a recent illness can trigger twitching. I spent 4 months obsessing over if i had ALS or some form of MND, an EMD and Nerve Study ruled it out thank GOD.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are going through this.

I have had similar symptoms for about 10 months. I have seen my regular doctor as well as two neurologists over that time. I've had many tests done including blood work, x-rays, MRI's, and EMG tests. Everything has come back normal, but my symptoms persist.

My 2nd neurologist diagnosed me with benign fasciculation syndrome with cramps last month. Next month I am going to try a nerve blocker medication to see if it improves my condition.

Hope things are going better for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.