Muscle twitching / muscle fasciculations

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had this since being on Mirtazapine? I have been on 15mg for about 4 months, and since then I have developed muscle twitches / muscle fasciculations in varies places all over my body. They don't hurt, they don't happen all the time, but when they do they kind of jump from place to place. For me, the worst places are my right shoulder, my right bicep, and my thighs. See, I also have anxiety, so it's possible this could be responsible for the fasciculations, and there is also a pretty common condition called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome that causes it, too. I guess I just wanted to check with other Mirt takers, or former takers, to see if they have suffered from this strange symptom, so as to put my mind at ease.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes that's 1 of many side effects David ??

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, Sharon. As far as side effects go, it's not the worst. It's more annoying than anything else. I take Mirtazapine, though, for health anxiety, so I tend to worry when I get symptoms like these. However, if it's a known side effect of Mirt, then I feel like I can relax somewhat.

• Posted

Yes its up there listed with other symptoms David.  Check your magnesium, not sure if your Doc' can do this before you add supplements.  Mirt' and other AD's deplete your natural magnesium, and many other vitamins !!  Magnesium is a vital vitamin especially for anxiety and sleep !  I have been recommended  Re mag, check it out at botanica health web site.  It is supposed to aid WD and also any sleep difficulties smile  

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response, Calmer. I have been so worried for quite a while now that these twitches/fasciculations are something sinister, so it's nice to be assure that it's probably not.

• Posted

I need to get some low dose magnesium. I had to quit Mirtazapine because my insurance lapsed and I suffer visual and auditory hallucinations now. I don't want to go on Mirtazapine again. Maybe magnesium will make me feel better my body is healing.

• Posted

My eyesight also has gone really bad taking that crap.. I think iv gone long sighted..I had an eye test before taking it & they were fine.. I can read if I put the at book arms length

• Posted

Hi David I myself have not had this reaction. sorry to hear that you experienced it.I also have anxity too.and I hate it.I see you are on a low dose of mirt.i take 30mg right now but will need to tper to gt off it.wish you the best.Cat196111
  • Posted

Could I ask those of you who have/or still do suffer from fasciculations exactly where on their body said fasciculations occured?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.