Muscle Twitching/Muscle Spasms

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

Are any of you Ladies Experiencing Muscle Spasms or Muscle Twithes All Throughout The Day???? Please Elaborate Ladies!!! Thank You!!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes i have had them now since september while I was on my period and 2 days before i was in to have an operation ! , been to Doctors afew times and seen different ones and they have all said hormones and anxiety !! I get them daily usually when im resting but all over my body some days are worse than others and found some foods and drinks can make it worse ! you are not alone x

• Posted

wow...Thank You Melissa!!! I thought I was the only one!!!! Yes certain foods can make my symptoms worse as well!!!!

• Posted

Yes! usually when I am drifting off to sleep at night or dozing off during the day... not every day. My mouth has slammed shut before, teeth clang together.. Head will jerk. Kind of like when you have a dream like you are falling and you jolt awake.

• Posted

Wow, I just didn't realize it was a symptom. I wish I had a magic pill for all of us Lou!!!

• Posted

yes. i used to have then all the time. twitches and jerks. they finally stopped. i have no idea what was causing them.. they lasted over a year.

• Posted

Shana

I too have this problem and posted many times regarding this on here. I suffer with terrible health anxiety and worry to death I have mnd as I have other body issues like aching muscles, weak shaky limbs like jelly that some days feel like lead weights x

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

Sorry I didnt notice. I have had all the same symptoms as you.....Tyou.....Thank God we are not Alone in this.

• Posted

When my muscle twitches started they actually ran up my entire whole body REALLY FAST AND FURIOUS scared me to death !!! NOW I get them in the calf of my legs, arms , eyes, and even hand, lip and even felt in tongue. I get Spasms inside my stomach and legs too . My husband passed away with ALS and when my twitches started like they did I was jumping out of my skin with fear of it been ALS which is a fatal disease 😦 The differences in his muscle twitches and mine where his was rapid fast twitching and non stop! See you get muscle twitches with ALS which is a tale tail sign BUT there is a difference in them with hormonal caused ones. To explain in more details about mine was mine started REALLY REALLY bad about two years before I was actually considered post meno. They are now far and between compared to what they was. For two years they were BAD and throughout the day and night everyday! Milk even made mine worse.

• Posted

Oh wow!!! I hope not!!!! I have been checked with Blood tests and so many other tests so I don't think its anything like that...Thank God!!!!

• Posted

Hi crosado, so sorry to read about your husband. My husbands uncle passed away several years ago from ALS. My tongue gets twitchy, and my mouth jerks sometimes...of course, I thought of Parkinsons because I think women are prone to that. But, yeah...these movements are nothing compared to having an actual condition. Another symptom that if we had some more drs pay attention...we would not be on dr google self diagnosing ourselves. My EX primary dr had me on a MS scare last year with all my weird symptoms. I was a wreck for 3 months being poked and prodded. It was only after speaking to a friend with MS that I calmed down. Clear, thank god...sometimes these drs GIVE us health anxiety! I have since learned a lot of my problems stem from chronic migraine. Took me a year and a half but I have been diagnosed with vestibular migraine...brought on by peri. Getting to the right dr is so important, yet too difficult. My last blood test showed I am inching closer to the meno finish line...my ovaries are out of commission and a lot of skipped periods, just need my periods to go away for good!

• Posted

You can't test for ALS with blood work! They run like 30 tubes of blood checking for everything else to rule ALS out, but there is no blood test to test for ALS. NO you dont have ALS I was sharing the differences in the type of normal twitches VS ALS twitching.

• Posted

Yes The Neurologist and other Drs. ran like 40 Blood Tests on All Different Things and they said they ruled out all autoimmune Diseases. Sorry didn't mean to miss understand you😰

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.