Muscle Weakness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All!

I was wondering if any of you feel like your arms or legs are getting weaker? Today I was doing quite a bit of walking around helping my mother run some errands and I felt like i had to use effort to walk. I was carrying some groceries and it seemed like I could barely carry the bags. I'm only 43, I should have more stamina and strength than this! I feel like I need to join a gym or something. Is this another peri symptom where you feel like your arms and legs are tired?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Actually it is.  I was 43 when I noticed, very significantly, while I was getting groceries from the trunk.  

It also happens to be one of the first things I noticed when I started HRT replacement.   It was very obvious that my muscles were stronger.  

• Posted

I have been thinking about going back on the mini pill just to see if this helps with all of these symptoms.
    • Posted

I am thinking about going on the mini pill this month too. I am having muscle weakness, especially in the morning and after a workout. It is a relief to hear gailannie say that the weakness is related to hormones. 
  • Posted

Actually, when I felt this way I started taking a vegetarian multi-vitamin which helped a great deal. I also took calcium with vitamin D and tonic water as I recall. Haven't had any muscle weakness since this one time that lasted a week too long.

• Posted

Hello,

I suffer from the leg weakness it started early 2015 while going through an extremely difficult time my dad was terminal. Doc said it was a combination of stress, peri, she sent me some vein testing to rule out PAD and all was good. Since then I have bouts of this leg weakness I try to pin point what triggers it but I can't seem to know. I had changed GP which was not a good idea since he can't really relate to countless symptoms I have but he suggested I go see a neurologist I haven't gone I am scared.

I would ask you if it continues go see your GP to rule out anything else! Vitamin B complex seems to help, enough sleep and what eases this for me is leg exercises. But most emportantly see your doctor.

• Posted

I think my issue is not taking vitamins because this has not been an ongoing problem. I noticed it just yesterday and was wondering if it was another peri problem. I will get some vitamins today and see if things improve, if not then I'll see my doctor.

• Posted

Thats me all over i believe i need more vitamins or so ..the feeling is nt nice i also feel tired when am nt..this sucks an no one can understand😢

• Posted

I think that may very well be the case for me. I don't take vitamins on a consistent basis. I'm actually terrible about it. I do notice that when I was on a consistent vitamin regimen that symptoms weren't so bad. I will get some today and try to be diligent about taking them. If things don't improve then I'll see my doctor about it. I don't want to be in the habit of running to the doctor for every symptom because that's maddening, for me and them.

• Posted

Yes I've experienced this a lot, I just started to go see a chiropractor,  that helped a lot, my weekly adjustments helped with lots of Premanpause issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.