Muscle weakness

Posted , 10 users are following.

Anyone get pain folled by weak feeling muscles? My legs feel too weak to hold my weight sometimes and my arms feel like theyre on elastic bands...I'm not over-weight.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes Emma, I do and I am sure many here have experienced this on and off. Sometimes while climbing the stairs, my legs feel as if they may give out all of a sudden. I have many issues with my arms as well. Extreme pain in the night,  Weakness even picking normal things up, opening a jar or even a twist top, and carrying something lightweight can feel extremely heavy at times. I think this type of symptom involving muscles generally goes along with having Fibromyalgia. It comes and goes. I cannot speak for all of the ladies of course but I have frequently related to this complaint. Chin up sweetie. You can cope. Hugs! Maggie xx
  • Posted

After reading Maggie's post, I can say I agree with everything she says! xx

• Posted

I do get terrible muscle spasms followed by weakness. I get steady pain all over and am overweight.

At this time my gp,refuses to send me to rheumatologist for assessment. I have the wobbles, very unsteady on feet,now have terrible tinnitus in left ear.

I have so many symptoms that it is hard to list. Not sure where to go for help now.

• Posted

Hi Bill. Please see another doctor. They are not 'gods' Bill. Please take charge of your own health and get a 'reasonable' doctor who will be willing to explore all avenues. Have another one refer you to a Rheumatologist. We who suffer with Fibromyalgia understand that long list of symptoms! Don't get disheartened Bill. You are not alone. Warmest Regards. Maggie 

• Posted

That's so weird Emma, as the other day I suffered from this for the first time, I couldn't get out from a taxi, my legs, especially my left was so listless, I couldn't lift it, ended up the taxi driver had to help me out, I just couldn't seem to move, it was such an effort to make it to the house, it was quite scared xxx

• Posted

Just adjust to these new symptoms sweetie. Many of us get them. Don't stress. The weakness can hit us at unexpected moments. You may have a bout of that sneaky visitor, Mr Chronic Fatigue! One day at a time. Take it nice and easy and you will feel better soon. Gentle hugs! Maggie xx

• Posted

Yes Emma. It was one of my earliest symptoms. I would go to get the water pitcher from the fridge and drop it cause I just didn't have the strength. Sometimes it would just feel weak and other times completely listless. This symptom subsided for a while but has come back now. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my sister used to punch me and give dead arm. That's the best way I can descibe the pain and weakness. Also had it in my legs like Trisha said. There are days I'm not sure if they are going to work. It's very frustrating but it comes and goes.

• Posted

Yes, I sure have! I have times when I am feeling pretty good, then have to climb a few stairs or open something, and the muscles will "get weak". My Mom use to call it a sinking feeling, or going weak all over! I am 65 and have retired, thank goodness, as I worked for almost 28 years in an elementary school as a teacher's aide. No down time for sure, and the mornings were spent in special needs preschool. It was really getting beyond me! Actually, my arms right now have the feeling that you describe! Hang in there , at least we are not alone!

• Posted

So glad I discovered this forum. Sometimes I feel really stressed out with all these awful symptoms. Truly comforting to know that I am not alone.

• Posted

Your not alone I feel my legs cant hold me up,walking up and downstairs is very difficult. I try to walk a little for excercise my gait is very unsteady,my pain level is ridiculous, wakes me up pain and burning& I look for cold areas in bed toss and turn.Not on medication although my neurologist prescribed an antidepressant side effects scare me,I dont know how much more I can deal with.

• Posted

Hi Emma. I too have these symptoms. I have had severe muscle fatigue in my quads for almost four months straight. They feel tight, sore like I've run a marathon but haven't. It's scary. My shoulders also beginning to feel this way too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.