Muscle weakness and off balance and cramps

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, for the past days i have been experiencing a lot of muscle weakness and also feel like i cant even walk. I feel like when i walk my legs give out on me and i am going to fall or my legs are going to become paralyzed. I am scared it is going to be something like MS or ALS since those are the only things that can cause these symptoms. My doctor keeps telling me its anxiety but these symptoms keep on appearing every day and it feels like it gets worse. I cant accept its anxiety until my MRI this friday and an emg for my nerves. I am just scared that something is going to pop up. I feel like sometimes i cant even feel my legs and they are not there. And my lower back and legs and arms feel like they are going to give up on me any second. When im sitting down and move my head to the left or forward i feel like i am going to fall. If i move to the left or right it feels like i keep moving to the left or right even though i stopped and thats what worries me as well. I am scared i have a neurological disorder or something much worse since even when im not anxious i feel all these symptoms and feel very weak like i am about to die or something. Does anyone experience this. I would be happy to hear from other people as well.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

yes I have had your symptoms as well as a lot of other people. Extreme weakness, feel like I’m moving when I’m not, etc.

ms and als are not the only conditions that cause those symptoms. severe anxiety and stress can as well.

After you have your testing and it’s normal, it’s important that you move on so that you can start working on managing your stress and anxiety because they can produce awful symptoms that mimic neurological conditions. I wish you well on your testing! Take care

• Posted

omg you have literally described me. I have been having this for the last about 6 weeks now. it feels like my legs are just going to stop working. it feels like they are extremely weak even to move them. no matter if I'm sitting or laying down sometimes. it's so scary. and like u I've now began to think this too. I'm having an mri tomorrow. my doctor has said anxiety aswell but I have these symptoms every day aswell even when I not anxious. it's like my legs are locked aswell sometimes. im scared also about ALS, MND, or some sort of fatal disease. I'm sorry u are going through this 😔. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. its hard to believe its anxiety when the symptoms are literally so severe

• Posted

Do you also experience random aches and pains anywhere in your body? I randomly feel like aches in my neck or my legs or arms or back. It feels like if im sick and the pains can either be sharp for a couple seconds or aches that just stay there. I also feel cramping and muscle twitches and thats why i get worried. Sometimes i feel like i cant breathe and i think in my head that its maybe the muscles in my neck that arent working well and arent letting me breathe but then i know if that were true then i wouldnt be breathing right now.

• Posted

yes definitely I get it in my lower legs. my arm goes randomly weak sometimes. my face gets hot and I feel like I can't feel it and feel like I cant get enough air in. I get dizziness and off balance. sometimes my tummy will feel this numbing sensation. just tonight I've had my left side of my lip and tongue tingle. I have so many symptoms. so many scary symptoms

• Posted

Recently ive been experiencing like weakness in my mouth and jaw and its scaring me since i think it is something bad and i wont be able to breathe. I feel short of breath when this happens and like i cant even bite down all the way because of the weakness in my jaw. My teeth also feel weak and my cheeks which scares me that it is something neurological or als

• Posted

Hi, I have the same symptoms 😦 I've had them since the end of July. it's awful and it's making my anxiety so bad, I was doing well before. Mine gets worse with more physical activity I do. Can I ask, do your muscles shake too? my arms and legs and pretty much my whole body shakes as I'm so weak.

• Posted

Yes, i have the same weakness and my whole body shakes when i try to walk or lift anything. Im scared that its something serious and im going to stop breathing.

• Posted

exact same symptoms as me weak as hell in legs and arms are like jelly. its damn torture. i can barely go for a 5 minute walk without feeling like im going to collapse. How did your test results go?

• Posted

My mri of head and neck came out ok except for a disc in my neck that is popped out a little more to the side than it should be but the neurologist said its nothing bad. i feel super weak and like i cant lift my arms and legs and im getting super scared that its something serious. im getting an emg on saturday im scared they are going to say i have als or something more serious.

• Posted

oh bless you, i have these symptoms every day weakness off balance feeling like something is seriously wrong, i have had test after test all normal but convinced i have a terrible illness feeling so weak so tired so run down so ill its horrible i know, but apparently it gets better i don't know when but it will be strong, sending hugs. x

• Posted

Yea, I have been feeling these symptoms for like 3 months and just got results from am mri and an emg test which nothing came out bad. I am happy nothing came up but am still so sad that i feel the weakness. Right now I am currently experiencing the sensation where i cant swallow my own saliva sometimes. I try to swallow but it feels like i cant the second time. I can swallow drinks and foods are ok but sometimes it gets stuck. My jaw also feels weak or like something is wrong with it.

• Posted

oh bless ya, i have all those symptoms, dry mouth feeling like im choking, chest aches, feel dizzy, feel like something awful will happen, sometimes feel i just cant cope but we do somehow we manage and get through the day, anytime you want a chat im here. x

• Posted

I'm so so happy for you ! I've been having on and off twitches for almost two years. Recently started having sciatic pain and got the courage to see a neurologist. She just looked at me like I was crazy, when I told her I was worried about als. She some prescripted some exams so I feel more at ease but I couldn't do them, it was too much, I had a panic attack just thinking about doing them. but I feel much better now, I hope it will improve with

• Posted

Hi, yes almost all my symptoms are completely going away but today i am feeling very weak legs like im about to collapse and fast heart beat. The feeling of my legs going weak is what scares me but i dont know if its my anxiety again or something else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.