Muscle weakness and twitching

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello I'm trying to be diagnosed, my doctor is that loss, extreme muscle fatigue for 2 1/2 months and now I started twitching. Of course I am freaking out I could be ALS, I feel always exhausted as if a truck as one over me, I soon as I come home from work I have to take a nap, but Dr. mention CFS but he's very worried about the twitching , Any of you have CFS with twitching of the muscles? Thank you for your response I'm freaking out!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also have all the symptoms, weakness in my hands, legs and arms. I don't know if it is classified as fatigue or weakness actually. But my arms kinda have that burning sensation like I'm working out. My legs don't usually have this feeling but I do feel pain when standing up and sitting down and also have pain around my knees after standing to long. I have muscle twitches on my face (almost always nose) but most of the twitches are in my legs but these are where they occur most. I have them mostly everywhere. I also have pack pain when leaning over I don't know if this would fit into the symptoms of CFS. I haven't went into much detail with my hand weakness but it is way worse upon waking. I'm really scared this could be something serious and have an appointment schedule with my family doctor. I'm only 18😞😞

• Posted

Have you had your potassium checked? Being low in this mineral can cause all these symptoms. Have you been on antibiotics, diuretics, steroids, b12 injections, lots of things can deplete it and levels considered in range can still be too low for health. Lots ppl with bottom end normal are nearly empty so get copy of blood test don't just take docs word 4 it. This is not normal has to be reason 4 it. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia years ago but iv actually something more rate called pp I get fatigued n muscle pain breathing probs n weakness but the fact your muscles are twitching is classic low potassium symptom.

• Posted

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner I haven't checked my Email in awhile. And no I haven't had my potassium checked, I also haven't been on antibiotics or any of the other things you have mentioned. I recently went to my doctor and she has set my up for an emg and it is scheduled for this Monday. I'm so terrified I have als I don't know what to do. Thank you for your input by the way, I will bring up this low potassium and ask for a copy of blood tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.