Muscle weakness chronic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , I have been battling pain for almost a year muscle weakness in legs especially when doing stars and walking , pain is terrible with stairs. Burning shooting pain. Have pain in my mid back when i use my arms in a forward extention especially. have numbness in left leg and foot , in pain constantly!!! . Have had so many tests done and I have no diagnosis yet and I continue to get worse. My life has been turned upside down!!!!! Lost my job and its taking a toll on me mentally also. Can someone relate or help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marcie, sorry to hear what you are going through. I became ill 5 years ago and just lost my job before i got the illness. Never worked since. From my point of view, you cannot be doing excessive excersise as that will make things worse, for me at least. Just sitting in a reclining chair and using a mouse can make my muscles hurt. Any sufferer of ME has to pace themself and work out what is the right amount of activity for them. Take regular 5-15 minutes of relax time, that is time led in bed with nothing on and switch your brain off WWW.southcoastfatigue.co.uk may be useful. it is a local to me, fatigue clinic, the site may be of use to you or may lead you to a clinic in your area.

Make sure you get a GP that understands and backs you up, so many dont care or believe what we go through. Make sure you get your benefits that you are due, if you are in the UK you can get dissability and also PIP, look them up if you havent already. Sorry if you know all this im just going from a begginers stand point in terms of the illness but you are 1 year in it seems. What ever you do, DO NOT over extend yourself, it will lead to a worse place.

• Posted

There are a number of tests for muscle weakness, I'm not an expert.

Fibromyalgia is common in ME. In the US I finally got my disability on a diagnosis of central pain sensitization, which goes to that common ground.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.