Muscle weakness, stiff joints, hard to walk, hard to liftarms, my mother is sick

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mother is 68, she got diagnosed with vitamin d poisoning but it's been 6 months and she is still not well. She can't do anything but lay down all day. It almost happened over night. I'm sure the doctor was just lazy and didn't run further tests but in my head there is no way vitamin d poisoning can last this long and make my mom this I'll. She is mainly having horrible muscle pain all over her body especially shoukders, legs, arms, etc. I'm wondering what diseases can cause this. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any input will help us.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sorry to hear about your mother.. I have an issue that has been going on now for over 8 months I am in my mid 50's & been going to different doctors to find answers to my problems & wonder if she has what I have which is CRPS it attacks the joints which it generally starts off from a major or even minor injury or even from having any kind of surgeries..

In my case my knee got hurt from getting up off a sofa then everything rollercoasted down hill.. Joint gotten stiffen..my foot & calf swelled up..discloring of the foot..weakness in leg..neorupathy in smaller toes & eventually had it spread to other knee & foot as same symptoms which is what CRPS does to spread..there is too much to list byt I want to say that sadly over 90% of doctors today don't know what CRPS is seek to find out everything else but CRPS..

It could be your mother may have it if she had gone through any surgeries months ago prior to ger joints getting stiff & if no surgeries she had she may have gotten even a slight sprain or hurt herself on any joint of her body such as the knee..wrist..shoulder..neck..or ankle.. Did she have any injuries in the past to any of her joints prior to this happening? if she did it can very well be that is what she has..it can take several months before it will leave & in other cases years..I found out through pain management that I possible have it which for me I have to use a walker to get around being my knee can twist lock up & get severe jabbing pain anywhere around the joint it is not good to say the least...

I think she should see a pain management doctor to find out if she has it..they xan tell by looking at the joints for signs of CRPS which I am convinced I have it..I pray & hope the best for your mother to be well soon..God bless

• Posted

Thanks for ur reply. So no she has had no surgeries, and no sprains, so we're not sure what the cause. We are still investigating.thanks for advice I will def. Google.

• Posted

Google Fibromyalgja and see if that helps.
    • Posted

That's what I read it could be. Thank u I will look into this further and ask a different doctor.

• Posted

Hi sorry to read about your mum, have a look at Polymyositis on google, I have it and some of my symptoms are the same. Its rare so you may not have come across it before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.