Muscles Feel Weak/Shaky?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anyone else suffer from (perceived) weakness/fatigue in their muscles? Mine feel  shaky and tired from the moment I wake up...almost as though my legs won't support me and my arms feel heavy and tired too....they feel trembly, but inside (if that makes sense)....feels as though my limbs are going to start convulsing at any minute.....I'm freaking out a bit, as this symptom doesn't seem like classic anxiety...anyone else feel this way? It's been going on for several weeks now.

I should add that I've had a bunch of tests done, and all appear normal (bloodwork, ECGs, MRI).

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

are you on any meds, because what you describe is almost identical to side effects and withdrawal symptoms of a drug I am trying to reduce.  sorry for not replying to you until now, have been so ill the last few days.
    • Posted

hi rosemary...no need to apologize (and i'm sorry you're not feeling well)...the only medication i'm taking at the moment is lorazepam (0.5mg on an as-needed basis), but i've only take seven doses (at 0.25mg each) since the 8th of august because i'm scared to become dependent upon it....i'm also feeling a bit dizzy/lightheaded/"spacey" and it feels as though my heart is racing even though my pulse is normal....all of that leads me to believe that it's anxiety, but i can't seem to calm my mind down enough to accept that....
  • Posted

Please mention your age too, and this might be fibromyalgia. You need to calm down and do exercise every morning and evening, starting from slow repetitions. And also relieve your mind from any stress or tension. Improve yourn diet too.
    • Posted

i'm forty-five years old...in terms of exercise, i've been taking long walks every day, and also doing mindfulness meditations to relax my mind....my muscles don't ache, per se, they just feel fatigued...i'm also a bit dizzy/off-balance and am having heart palpitations (pulse feels fast although it isn't)...i suspect it's all anxiety-related, but need to convince myself of that so i can move on
    • Posted

That walk is good for you. I think you should do some of your lab tests, especially Liver function test. As liver enzymes are mostly related for this fatigue and dizziness
  • Posted

I have this same problem. I'm 18. My legs feel kind of weak like they might not support me for long sometimes in the mornings when I wake up
  • Posted

I'm feeling that way right now I feel like a seizure inside and I can't take it I think its FM
  • Posted

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have been feeling very similar.
  • Posted

Does sound like some intense anxiety. 

I will mention peri menapause  anxiety increases strongly. Dizzy, Wobbly legs, muscle aches, peek at the peri menapause forum. You might want to discuss this with your doctor or gyn. If you take statins mention that too.

• Posted

Hi, I realize this an old post but I do understand what your are feeling. I get that a lot. It's a strange feeling that makes me want to stretch in order to get rid of it. Did you find out what it was? I also get that feeling that my body will convulse. It could be related to anxiety or it could be neurological. I plan to see the neurologist and rheumatologist soon. I would love to know if you found out what it was.

• Posted

I just read another post about it relating to menopause,  and I must mention I am perimenopausal, so that might have something to do with it.
  • Posted

I've been feeling feeling the exact same way. I've been worried because I'm only 18 years old and it sucks because I feel like I'm the only one going through this. I also got blood work done and everything came out fine. A doctor told me that I'm most likely stressing/ anxiety but it almost feels to real to be anxiety causing this. I've also had different symptoms like pressurr in the uead, pain in the hands, I was dizzy for a few days, I was always worried for no reason. Most of the symptoms seem to have calmed down but I still can't shake off it the headaches/head pain, and the weakness and shakieness in arms and leg.

• Posted

Im 75 woman live alone, family overseas. I had blood work done and perfect, kidneys fine. I have FM, Anxiety and panic attacks over stress in my life, loss of love of my life, grief, fear and borderline ex husband prior to that for 25 years. I now wake in the morning with shaky aching weak fatigued legs, arms and hands and feel quite cold even on a warm morning. Drink water on waking. When I stretch I get cramp, so resist stretching. Advised to go walking, but I don't feel strong enough. I sleep ok wake once in the night, have been woken by a full blown panic attack but improved lately after taking some minerals prescribed by naturopath and 2mg valium morning and evening or as required. I get surges of emotion and cry without warning. The day improves have interests. An emotional mess it seems when I have been a strong professional woman normally, now retired ofcourse. So I suppose I have to put up with it as it seems. Thats life! Could it be something else insidious ?

• Posted

I am needing help on something please. I am 27years off age and I am a mum to 4 kids. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks everyday. I am on tablets from the doctor. I can't get to go and see my doctor I am finding it hard to get out. The last few days I am felling light headed sleepy and legs are shaky I just hope that its all down to my anxiety. Please someone help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.