Muscles shake when used...anyone else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been going through a tough battle of health anxiety the last 2 months and I think I’ve graduated to level 2 symptoms. For the last 2 weeks my arm and leg muscles feel sore and fatigued and during the last couple of days my muscles have a small tremble when I use them. Anyone else have similar issues?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah I tried exercising and my hands/legs kept trembling the whole time. Maybe because I'm a beginner. Low blood sugar? It can cause trembling. Dehydrated... You should tell your doctor. 👍💖

• Posted

It also occurred when I was not exercising. It happened and after weeks it went away on its own. I thought I was getting Parkinson's I had it all the time. Body felt weak too and trembling like in overdrive the whole time. I struggled to get out of bed my body would shake. I'm 25 years old I didn't understand why. I'm alright now it went away now I just get it when I fast or when blood pressure is low. Good Luck💖💖🙏

• Posted

Hi Neo2000,

You should definitely let your doctor know about those symptoms, as they maybe related to other heath problems like heart disease. Good luck to you!

• Posted

Remember that when your anxious your body gets ready for action and your muscle tone increases, its this that causes the tremble people experience, it also causes the muscles to become tired if its maintained. When you use the muscles this adds to their workload and makes the trembling more obvious, if you use your muscles a lot they tremble whether your anxious or not. So all these things are common effects of anxiety and then often become the cause of further anxiety.

When you get a lot of muscle symptoms you might find a relaxation technique useful, this is information about these on this site.

• Posted

Neo...I developed bodywide muscle twitching back in march.  a lot of it has subsided since.  but, when i squat i get muscle fasciculations on the sides of my quads on each leg and only happens when i squat to a certain point.  it looks like worms are under the skin.  i've had mri's done and blood work and so on.  i was checked for hyperreflexia and strength checks were done for clinical weakness along with weight loss monitoring.  naturally, i thought the worst...ALS and still worry about it.  my left shoulder and arm feel odd...numb at times.  my left had will feel weird too at times...twitches as well.  yet, i'm able to do pull-ups or do pushups on my fingertips.  i can run and jog just fine...i function just fine.  i tested for lyme disease...late stage syphilis...you name it.  i do suffer from gad and ocd...health anxiety.  i appear normal on the surface to others...even my wife.  when i went in for all these checks...she wondered what for. 

i realize a lot of research is still going into the effects of anxiety disorders on the body and have read recent articles of GAD and muscle tension and having EMGs performed, etc...by a research group hoping to gain more insight on GAD and muscle tension.

anyway, i digressed, but i do experience what you're going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.