Muscular dystrophy primary myopathy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am patient of muscular dystrophy primary myopathy from 16 years.my muscles are weak day by day .i am worried plz help me for this .i have a tricostomy on my neck..

is there any medicine for this problem any doctor help me..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ash08992,

I am sorry to hear about your condition. Some of these conditions are congenital, only in boys and passed on by the mother, other conditions start later in life. Some conditions deteriorate over time, others are rather chronic. In your case it is not very clear because you give very little information.

For example: Are you male/female? How old are you? Did you get the condition when you were 16 years old, or do you have this condition for the last 16 years? How old were you when you were diagnosed?

Many questions, few answers. The only clue is that you have a tracheostomy, what would make me believe that your lungs are not strong enough to cough up your phlegm, but again, I may be wrong, I am just guessing. But I am surprised that not any of your doctors have given you any information about your condition and it's course and prognosis. I would encourage you to have a discussion with your doctor (and I am sure you have a few) and if you are a minor (I don't know how old you are) you should have a serious conversation with your parents/carers. In any event, I wish you luck!

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply i am a girl this problem was diagnosed when i was 21 years old.doctor told us because of my parents are cousins that was the reason of this. trechiostomy is for suctioning the pheligum and i use ventilator for sleep because on lay down condition i have a problem in breathing..doctor told me that there is no any medicine for this problem. slowly slowly this problem is increase.. plz help me .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.