Muscular Pain or DVT (Blood Clot)

Posted , 2 users are following.

A couple nights ago, I suddenly woke up to my whole right leg feeling as stiff as a brick. After a couple seconds, the feeling went away, but ever since then, when I flex my foot towards my knee, my calf has pain in it. Also to note, the bottom of my foot and my toes hurt on my right foot and I have a constant dull pain in my upper thigh, all around (back and front). I do sometimes get little shocks of pain on my right shin as well.

I am not sure, however, what is going on. I went to an urgent care where I met a doctor who said that I should go to the ER for a doppler, but the doctor didn't even really look at my legs and spent less than two minutes with me, no exaggeration. I went to a second urgent care right after that is affilitated directly with my primary care physician. There, I saw a nurse, a resident doctor, and a regular doctor. After all asking me what's wrong separately and talking with one another, they decided to measure the size of my calves for swelling. At first the resident doctor messed up and said my right one was 2 centimeters larger than my left, but the official doctor came in and remeasured with her, as she was just using the tape a little wrong. My calves wound up staying the same size. They said with some Advil that the pain should go away as it seems to just be muscular. Should anything persist, I should

come back and they will perform a doppler.

Some other things to note is that since this has happened, my right foot frequently numbs and the right side of my face sometimes tingles. Also, last week I woke up feeling out of breath in the middle of the night (probably just from sleeping with my mouth open and it becoming dry) and I coughed up blood. My primary care physician said it seems I just coughed so hard that blood came up, also noting my throat was a bit red and that my nose was scabbed up with blood, so that could have dripped down my throat (as I was just getting over a sinus infection and post nasal drip). I don't know if these incidents are potentially related to my leg issues now or not.

Lastly, I work on my feet for up to eight hours five out of seven days a week. Could this be the cause of what is going on?

For those who believe in signs or question coincidence, my favorite nurse at the hospital I was told to go to by the first, horrible urgent care was one of my guests last night at work! What's up with that?

Any help would be appreciated, even if you are just sharing your own story. I'm worried because I know DVT symptoms are different for everyone and can vary per person, but this could also just be muscular.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also, I am on birth control (Blisovi Fe 1/20). I just started it as my last one raised my D-Dimer to quadruple what it was supposed to be, however, two hospitals tested me for blood clots after seeing that result and all tests came back negative!
  • Posted

I too often get cramps in my legs, upper thighs, and feet! I had a cramp in my upper thigh (back) the other morning! I just rubbed it and stretched my leg back and forth! I've read that drinking water can help, as well as potassium!  A muscle relaxer could help too! Or a pain cream or heating pad. 

• Posted

Thank you for the response! I took some aleve and honestly, my leg didn't hurt as bad! Have you ever had a scare where you thought what you were feeling was a blood clot, or have you ever had what turned out to be muscular pain when you flexed your foot up? These are my biggest concerns.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.