Muscular spasms and benzos

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am appealing to everyone prescribed the drug from hell aka benzodiazepine to come forward to relate their experiences on this drug. I am having wd of muscular spasms and wondered how many others are going thru this harrowing experience. Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I apologize but this is not about benzos although I am on this site because I take zoplicone.  What I need now is someone that has not had really bad effects from presadone as I am supposed to start tomorrow - l 50mg pill a day for 4 days for my breathing (copd) which is inflamed right now because im coming down from a really bad cold.  I am terrified to start it as have hear really bad things about it.  Don't know whether I am going to take or not but my doctor says it outweighs the cons about it

• Posted

Zoplicone is a Z drug and although they are not a benzo they are tapered from and treated like you would treat a benzo. I took prednasone (I am assuming that this is what you are writing about) for a short while  like you have indicated, when I had pneumonia without ill effects but I certainly wouldn't stay on it long term. The bad thing about prednisone is the effects it has on people long term as far as I know.. 

• Posted

Good, they have been the downfall of thousands and thousands of people. Move to get them banned presently going on US and also in UK. 
    • Posted

did you take one 50mg tablet a day.  that's what I have to take over 4 days.  I have heard so many awful things about prednisone I am literally afraid to take it. Did you have no bad effects.  Thanks.

• Posted

Sometimes it is necessary to take prednisone but a five day course is prescribed . Take care.
  • Posted

Me again.  I am not going to take the prednisone.  went to doctor yesterday and she prescribed me amoxicillin/clavulanic instead..  just took first one this am.  hope it works.  thanks for your replies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.