Musical hallucinations without hearing loss

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone. For about 3 days now I've been having these nearly constant musical hallucinations, I think when I first wake up in don't notice them and then they get louder. My hearing was checked a couple of months ago and I have normal hearing. I am 18, btw. I do have other tinituses in my head, in my both ears for maybe 5 years now? It's high-pitched buzzings and I'm used to it. They resulted from headphones. I avoided headphones for about 4 years but now I'm in a place where there are other people so to watch things I'd have to use headphones. I tried not having them loud. Still there was this song I listened to a lot cos I liked it. At home I always listen to songs without headphones. But a few days after me listening to it these hallucinations appear. I don't know why. I read it's very often because of hearing loss but I have none. I do have anxiety and some depression sympthoms. Right now I am burnt out as well. Was this because I listened to this song so much? that's weird because it had never happened to me before even when I listened to headphones 4 years ago.. Does anyone know why this is happening

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.