Mussels pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

7 weeks post ankle sugery walking driving n off boot but mussel pain is not going away is this normal any suggestion n im doing physio exersie as well thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think it's pretty normal. I am about 9 to 10 weeks post surgery. I am walking without the boot but have a pretty bad lamp and a good bit of pain. I haven't started driving yet I think I probably could but we're having car issues so I just haven't tried yet

• Posted

im 7 weeks also. Im bot walking just standing, can walk next week. Muscle pain sucks. Ive been icing my calf but its still there. im taking magnesium also. I found this stuff called theraworx im gonna try.

• Posted

You will experience different pain and issues as you heal

The other night i woke up 2-3x's with charlie horses Excruciating! I realized I didnt drink enough water for a couple of days

Im 12 weeks post op, in PT 2 days per week

Im walking in sneakers but limping

I ice my foot when I watch TV then do heat also EPSOM salt soaks

I can do more and more everyday

I seemed to turn the corner when I began PT

• Posted

I used a heating pad (on "Low") for my calf muscle. It helped. My PT suggested it. Whew!

• Posted

do stretches before you walk especially getting up in morn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.