MUST READ! Baby shampoo and tea tree oil

Posted , 22 users are following.

I read a few people saying they use tea tree face wash for bleth. I went ahead and added 2 drops of tea tree pure oil into my baby shampoo and water mix that I apply twice daily to lashes with a cotton bud..

24 hours later my vision is clearer, I've woke up on the second day with a very small amount of crust on my eyes.. The itching is minimal.. I am on day 3 of using after trying everything and a miserable week of a bad flare up!

I would give it a go ASAP

Baby shampoo

Tea tree oil

Water

(In a travel bottle made for shampoos etc so easy to carry around)

Cotton bud dipped in and wipe around lash line and eye area

I will keep updated but this feels good to have clear eyes 😀

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Is it also ok to use it without baby shampoo?

Because for me baby shampoo doesn't seem to do much

• Posted

Id say it's fine, just make sure to add lots of water if you don't use baby shampoo, Tea tree is quite strong so baby shampoo will help soothe your eyes and tea tree kills germs. But you can try without I guess!
    • Posted

I've suffered with Bleph for 3 years and have tried everything, 4 weeks ago I decided to try tee tree oil after doing research, I bought sainsburys tee tree facial wash , tee tree wipes and body wash, I bought 100 percent tee tree oil from Holland and barrett and almond oil, I got a plastic tub and mixed 50 percent tee tree oil to 50 percent almond oil, in the mornings I wash my face with the face wash I put a bit in the palm of my hand and add 3 drops of the pure tee tree oil and I give my whole face a good wash and my eyes and eyebrows, on a night I repeat it again but afterwards when I have dried my face I pour a small amount of my mixed tee tree and almond oil in my hand then rub my hands together and put it all over my face and eyes like a moisturiser making sure I get it well into my eyebrows aswell and eyelashes, you must keep your eyes shut, it does sting at first but eventually ur skin gets used to it, then once a week I really put it on my eyes and rub it right in and I keep my eyes shut for about half an hour, after doing all this for 4 weeks my Bleph has nearly gone I haven't had to use eye drops for 3 weeks now and my skin and eyes look the best they have done in yrs, also I wash my hair every other day with head and shoulders shampoo,

• Posted

Hi Emma.....do you have mgb too....so do you do the heat compresses?
    • Posted

I do heat compresses when I have a flare up. But not everyday. I find that regular cleaning with baby shampoo and tea tree oil works well enough. I only use heat when I find a lot of mucus/crust builds up. But I doubt there is any harm in doing them everyday.

I used to use wet ones and found them okay, but prefer tea tree after a recommendation plus it's much more natural and cheaper smile

• Posted

Can you also use dropper and put few drops into your eyes like using eye drops?

Or would that be too much?

• Posted

I wouldn't recommend putting oil and baby shampoo in your eye, the tea tree is like a natural disinfectant and will help calm it all down. Inside your I would probably not be a good idea.
    • Posted

Tea tree oil i have read if not used right can caus blindness.
    • Posted

Hi,

I have done lots of research.

What your referring to is an extreme allergic reaction to tea tree oil that could cause blindness.

Firstly, as mentioned I have said not to put it IN your eye, it is for eyelids, secondly do not use pure tea tree oil. It should be diluted with at least 100ml of water per one drop of pure tea tree.

Tea tree is used for many conditions including face scrubs at 5% and other medicines between 3-5%.

Totally your choice as to whether you try it! I have and it is really helpful for me. However it does not get placed in my eye or at a high percentage.

Emma

• Posted

Glad it works for you. Just wanted others to be aware that if not done right there is potential for harm. Wish i had the nerve to try it. I am glad it helps you. You are lucky.
    • Posted

If you are concerned about doing it yourself but want to try you can purchase tea tree bleph wipes, tea tree is also used for other eye issues like pink eye.

It only causes harm if you put pure tea tree in your eye lol

• Posted

I'd say it is worth a go! It has worked really well for me so hopefully it helps others too. Good luck smile
    • Posted

Lee, my eye doctor told me to use this formula, works like a charm!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.