Mutiple mental illness and my son

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have bipolar disorder, anxiety, mood disorder, and ADHD. I recently found out about the ADHD and am seeking care and understanding in that. 

My son however has a mild form of Autism and ADHD. 

I am caring for myself and for him and i feel like i am wearing thin

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Rebecca

Your Son will need to see your GP and arrange possible tests. There should be help available for both Son and Mam. If this has not happened make an appointment There are also various charities that will also give support

Sorry I am unable to remember these sites at this time a little brain tied at the moment, You will find these pages on the internet

BOB

• Posted

Can you not get any help and support from anywhere?  How about family?  Do they know how you are feeling and the trials that you are having to deal with?  Sometimes people don't want to interfere or intrude.  I would start with your family to give you a bit of help and support and failing that ask your GP to put you in touch with any groups or professionals that may be able to offer some guidance.

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

I have two sons with ADHD and Autisim. I also have PTSD too.

I appreciate how difficult this is for you. Looking after children with Autisim ADHD can be challenging and sometimes frustrating ad much as we love them.

Having a network of support like someone mentioned is important school church grandparents parents etc basically anyone who can help.

It's okay to ask for help. A good resource I found is ADDitude and you can sign up for free.

Have you applied for DLA for your children too it means you can use it buy things that maybe beneficial a trampoline is a great way of using up all that energy.

There is Also the Cauldwell Children you can find this online.

F8nd support groups in your area too they have family days etc.

Looking after your diet getting enough rest is key in helping your mental health.

Contact your sons ADHD team who can direct you also. Don't beat yourself up be kind to yourself.

Sharon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.