Mvd has anyone had one in The Heath South Wales

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had an MVD in the Heath I am scheduled to have one shortly? I was just interested in any info many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm suffer from TN for 12 years. I am scheduled to see a neuro surgeon next Tuesday. I'm not sure what type of surgery he will recommend, but I have been researching on Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and am interested in getting that one done. I saw a video on MVD and it looks pretty intense, but if my surgeon recommend I do that one the I'll do it. Just anything to get rid of the pain.  Please keep me posted on your surgery, recovery time and after effect.  Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Karen66535 and Laurel3865

I am not in the same area but expect that does not really matter. Please see my reply to TAM41 as regards my experience. You are both correct to think hard about which procedure to have. I believe the gamma knife procedure is less invasive but maybe does not last as long. My advice is to discuss with at least two surgeons first. Wish you both all the best.

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies, I have done lots of research into the procedure, and am just waiting for the date to go in to have it done. Will let you know how it goes and when I get the date. Karen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.