Mvps and menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

In addition to being post menopausal and having some issues with that for which I have seen a doctor, I have mitral valve prolapse syndrome.  Many of the symptoms all you ladies list  are also symptoms of mvps' so knowing which thing is causing what is almost impossible, but I am learning to cope.  Just wondering about any others who also have Mvps and going through menopause.  Of late, I keep getting this fever- like feeling in my eyes and forehead....not a fever, just that odd feeling of about going off to sleep or passing out, not quite all there...like during times of illness. It's very difficult to explain, but asking for some input.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

To my knowledge I don't have mvps. But if I'm understanding you correctly I also have similar feelings of having fevers and the general malaise that go with it. I'm just run down.
  • Posted

I'm sorry but what is MVPS?
    • Posted

Mitral valve prolapse syndrome.  The explanation would be lengthy, but in short, the mitral valve of my heart doesn't close completely.  It is diagnosed by echocardiogram.  Many people have this "harmless" condition and don't know it because they are not symptomatic.  Symptoms  are usually set into motion and increase with stressful situations.....chest pain, palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks, fatigue, body aches, nausea, irritable bowel, headaches, back and neck aches, numbness or tingling, etc, etc.  I have learned that this is truly an autonomic nervous system disorder rather than a cardiac one.  Menopause can exacerbate symptoms that's why I was looking for some ladies my age , 63, who have this condition and asking specifically about the weird feeling in my eyes and head.  I've come to call myself the queen of weird symptoms and pass most of them off to Mvps.  
  • Posted

Hi Debbie im 57 years old and im post menapausel.I am desperate for help for 2 years im off balance cant walk in a straight line feel im going to pass out as im giddy always I've had loads of tests and they say it's anxiety. I'm very scared.also my eyes feel weird then I go giddy don't know iff im on the correct forum.I keep thinking I am going to die.
    • Posted

If your doctors have run a lot of tests and not found anything serious causing your imbalance, then try to relax. Anxiety can cause both the imbalance, feeling out of body and out of control, and that feeling of impending doom like you are going to die.  It feels fatal, but anxiety is not fatal.  Did they give you any medications or relaxation techniques or anything else to help you cope?
    • Posted

Have any ladies here today talking thought it might be an unchecked thyroid condition ? Lot of these symptoms rang a bell with me . 

• Posted

Hi debbe I have been on antidepressents for years but I take less now, im depressed at all, but im anxious to whst is going on with me.no I have no relaxation techniques.
    • Posted

Hi again my message should be 2 years on antidepressents, but now I am not depressed at all just anxious to what is going on with me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.