My 12 year old daughter is having a liver scan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dec 2009 my daughter had 30 cms of her intestine removed do to intescetion, she has suffered regularly with a hot stomach and then runny poo's. We have been able to regulate it somewhat with her diet but she does not always follow it. She is now living with her father & girlfriend and finally at my advice she has had two blood tests (I asked for celiac testing) he won't speak to me or tell me the results. Now I have learned she is going for a liver scan next week. I am quite concerned but he won't speak to me (I guess I have to get lawyers involved)

Can anyone please give me any information for me to research !!

Sincerely Many Thanks !!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi lorna sorry to hear about your daughter. Does he let you see her.does he have full custody through the court or is it just an agreement between the 2 of you.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Sarah, There was no court action only social services. I HAD a drinking problem but am sober now. He always said in the past he wanted the kids for the benefit money. Well It's been a year and he and his girlfriend have done their best to put me out of their lives, even blocking me from phoning their phones. I do get to chat to my oldest on her mobile but my youngest has not been answering so I text twice a week to tell her how much I miss her and love her. I found out from my oldest about her sisters scan. I text him for information with no reply. I will contact our GP for any information I can get but I don't know who she is seeing there (I live in the south he lives in the north. Any suggestions I welcome. Many Thanks !
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      You must be going through a really tough time we'll done for getting sober.if there was no court action you still have parental responsibility and legally you should be informed about everything that affects your children. Even though he is there parental guardian I would go straight to citizens advice and also I would want all my case notes from social services. We're you drinking when all this went on cause if so it still should of went to court it's easier for social services not to go court please go and see someone x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up