My 17 year old daughter was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year after having had HSP.

Posted , 5 users are following.

She's had some good OT help from the Mineral Hospital and is doing her best to balance school work and rest but it really gets her down.  Most of the support groups we've found are largely older people.  Are there any young people with Fibro out there who might like to share experiences and support?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, My daughter is 18 and was diagnosed with Fibro last year. She was initially given medication to take at night. However, she stopped taking it after a few months as it was making her groggy in the mornings. She is studying public services at college, about to do her third year. Her aim is to become a police officer. She has told me they will not accept her into any of the services if she is on medication. She also does not have any support. It was said 'you have fibromyalgia', then just talk about medications. My best advice is facebook support groups. If you would like I am quite happy to chat with my daughter about them linking up on instagram or FB, send me a private message if you wish. Maybe they can support each other on pain, coping stratagies. As a parent you do feel helpless, NHS and CAMS could get together and make a forum for under 25s; there are probably hundreds of them out there suffering.

• Posted

Hi, I am 17 years old . I was diagnosed with Fibro last year. I also have Crohns Disease aswell.  I have coped with this,seems like a long time, but isn't. The last year I have also coped with college and rest. I would be very happy to speak to someone in my situation. I would be happy to answer and questions you guys have.

Hopefully speak to you soon

Nick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.