My 2nd Manometry Test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I have a dysphagia and had it for past 4.5 month. I went through so many tests and still did not find out what type of dysphagia I am suffering with... When it started my manometry/endoscopy/barium test came out to be normal but suspicious with esophageal spasm. so I thought I was all psychological. My symptom got worse & I am having throat swallow weaknesses. Before it was just esophageal now i am having esophageal and throat swallowing difficulties.  It is even hard to swallow my saliva... I am just scared that I have a muscular disease .. I can speak fine and i don't have any eye drooping symtoms..

My 2nd monometry test shows i have high residual (relaxation) pressures for LES & UES and still have a good peristalsis... My doctor said i need to be hospitalized and be monitored with neurological department... Anyone have a clue what I am dealing with ? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I am sorry to hear about all your issues! This whole disease is very frustrating. I started of with Achalasia, severe and I now have Gastroparesis. I feel like whatever the problem is, it travels through the entire digestive system. All I can say is good luck and be your one patient advocate! Don't give up or let the doctors minimize your symptoms! You will have to learn  when and what to eat. Read all you can, try different things. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for your encouragement. I just makes me energyless when no one has my similar symtoms.. did you ever had a throat issues?

Thanks

• Posted

I have not had throat issues. Do the doctors suspect Achalasia? 
    • Posted

I was expecting to have achalasia but the doctor said I do not have achalasia he wants to collaborate with aneuromuscular physian in his hospital. What he found was I can’t do multiple swallow and ues and les have higher relaxation pressure which is not good. I might end up having a Brain MRI tomorrow.  The throat issue is like the worst thing anyone can have my saliva stacks up all the time and have weak throat swallows ...
  • Posted

Have you looked into Achalasia? I was diagnosed with that after my 1st Dr didn’t really know what was wrong with me . My newest Dr sent me to my Gastroenterologist which ran all the tests you have mentioned and Achalasia was the issue. I recently had Botox injected into my esophagus which has helped with the swallowing. I will be having a heller myotomy which will be soon.  Look into this and mention it to your Dr ...Good luck. 
    • Posted

Hey Carol, 

My doctor is pretty know for POEM procedure and he said I was not sure I have achalasia. I am just feeling a little hopeless if it is neuromuscular related. Did you ever have persistent throat issues? Check out my attached image it’s my Manometry result 

• Posted

I was having swallowing issues to where I would wake up choking on my own saliva and any food that I would try to eat wouldn’t go down but rather come right back up . Such a horrible feeling .I lost 22 lbs in about 5 weeks. But after having the Botox injection I am finally able to swallow and keep food and saliva down. I will still be having the surgery though... just not sure when. 
    • Posted

Botox will be temporary right ? How long did it last for you? I am hospitalized today so they can do detail tests. I can drink non thick liquids and as it gets denser it gets harder. End up drinking water with it but does not last too long. I lost about 18 lbs in 5 months.. I am a skinny guy 6 foot 140 lbs now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.