My 3 year old daughter has MC. She has had it since Nove...

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 3 year old daughter has MC. She has had it since November 2006. They are spreading like wild fire. She has a few on her stomach and chest area, but they are mostly under her neck and on her face...even her eye lids. I am so worried that they are going to cover her eyes. Of course our pediatrician as well as our asthma and allergy doctor said that they would go away in time and there was nothing you could do for it. SO FRUSTRATING! They did give us Tagament....which I stopped using b/c it did not seem to help. I have been using tea tree oil for nearly a week. I am using it twice a day. There are a couple of them that have gotten really red and even started to bleed. Is that a sign of clearing up and going away? Or is it a sign that they are infected? Also, the tea tree oil says not to use on children. Does any one know why it says this? Is it unsafe? I called the pediatricains office and the nurse did not know what it was, but said she don't know why I couldn't use it????? Now, my 9 month old has 3 or 4 bumps and I am afraid that she too will have them everywhere.

Stephanie

[i:87bf27e242]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:87bf27e242]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am new here, I was given this site by a friend, so hello.

Our Son has got over 300 molescum.

He is an immunosuppressed child, he has Cancer, so his body cannot fight with our \"normal\" immune system to get rid of these Molescum.

He started with 7 and now has, as I said, over 300.

He has had these since 2003, so over 3 years now.

We have been told that a person without an immune deficiency will get rid of these from 6months to a year.

At the moment, we are usinf FUCIDIN cream on him, and he is on anti-biotics, because, they have been getting worse, the same as some of you have said, bleeding, and the more common, oozing of that lovely yellow stuff!

We have never been told about teat tree oil, so I cannot comment on that, BUT this fucidin cream in tangent with the anti-biotics is slowly working.

I have attached his link to his site, that is what his molescum look like, if you go into the photos section.

We have always been told, that they will go, for us just a bit longer than usual.

My nephew has had them, his lasted about 3 months.

I really hope this has helped, in some way. Thank you

• Posted

Here is a pic of the spots in molluscum

Gordon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.