My 4 year old daughter has had molluscum since August th...

Posted , 10 users are following.

My 4 year old daughter has had molluscum since August this year. She has 11 spots currently including a few new ones in the last few days. We are using tea tree oil to dab on twce daily but it doesnt seem to be doing much and they are just getting bigger. I am worried that my 4 month old will get it and so am trying to avoid contact between the 2 children as much as possible which is awful. I feel I cannot talk to anyone about it as if they know it is contagious they will not want to see us. I worry that my daughter will give it to one of her friends and dont know what to tell anyone if they do ask about the spots. We are being so careful and keeping the areas covered by clothes but still new spots are appearing. I am considering trying thuja or possibly squeezing them to speed up process but wonder if anyone has any advice. I am really upset about it and 3 doctors have all just fobbed me off and made me feel neurotic. Surely Im not the only mum who feels this way. I am not sure if the spots are being spread by touching or simply from within.sadsadsadsad

[i:8a9e952b80]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8a9e952b80]

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For those of you suffering this revolting skin lurgy i have one word: Aldara.

I had molluscum for three months, I was told to use Aldara by one of the many docs I saw in the beginning stages, but i was confused about getting such different advice from all the docs i saw, and thought this medication was too toxic and not guaranteed to work (it was not the expense of Aldara that stopped me, I would have paid anything to get rid of the lurgy).

Anyway after trying SOOOOO many different things, apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil, cimetidine, bleach baths, thuja, supposedly anti-viral creams from the healthstore etc etc (and giving myself some scarring in the process), I believe that the only thing that really worked was aldara.

I pricked each lesion with a pin (yes that is all that is required - do not squeeze or scratch these things - you may scar) and applied the aldara every night for 4 nights. this seems to have set up a chain reaction that cured all of them within a week, even the very tiny ones to which i did not apply the aldara. At this time I also took an immune boosting supplement called MODUCARE. funnily enough i heard about it cos my brother gave it to his dog for warts that the dog had in/around its mouth and the dogs warts were gone in a week or two after taking this and some of them were crushed by the vet!

i know how awful i have felt as an adult suffering the molluscum lurgy, so i hope this helps someone else. Don't wait, use aldara, and if you can get some moducare take that as well. colliodal silver internally may also have helped. i was using all these three things at the time the lesions started disappearing, but i believe it was the aldara that kickstarted my immune system to recognise the virus. that is what this cream does, it stimulates an immune response and creates cellular memory - the ability of the cells to ward off future attacks of the lurgy. the lesions stopped spreading and dried up when i began the aldara smile

• Posted

My daughter has these bumps and I am beside myself.  Can you please let me know what finally ended up working for you?
  • Posted

Hi, I've joined the forum to reply. I'd never heard of the virus until my step daughter who's 4 has it really bad; legs, groin, underarm and face. I used fucidin cream once and the same day so many had dried up which were puss filled and sore. She has eczema too so she itches constantly which had to be prevented. I put a second coat of cream on her to go to her mum and couldn't believe the difference. Hope this helps you 

Michelle x

• Posted

Hi there,

we are having almost the same experience to the letter. The anxiety, fears, guilt etc. Just want to share some experience and what Ive learned so far.

1, No bath! These "warts"  are epidermal, they have no roots, but the virus is in the pus and a hard rub or a few minutes wet are enough for it to leak and spread like crazy. A quick shower as cool as she can take is the best.

2, No tea tree oil. This and other similar ideas are all about drying out the growth. The problem is that first it dries out the top and makes it much more likely to scab up or rupture guaranteeing spreading. And it will not cure anything. Antiseptics natural or otherwise will not affect a virus.

That’s all the advice I have. All my research, and i have dug up the actual studies and read them, points to histamine inhibiters, especially cimetidine, as the only effective remedy .It seems the "allergic" type reaction is what you see in the growth but your bodies reaction in isolating the virus is actually providing a home for it. So this stuff seems to work. For the last 2 days I have been giving my daughter about 10mg. per Kg, so for her its about 200mg,, in order to test for any side effects or reactions. so far all clear. Tomorrow we will start the recommended dose of 20 to 40 per Kg. In addition, having realized that topical solutions just make things worse, I have opted for containment by spraying a "liquid bandage" over the effected area after shower time. I really pray this works and Ill keep you posted. Bless you and I pray your daughter gets rid of them soon. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.