My 5 senses have not been functioning as normal, what should I do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So, randomly I have started to feel completely out of it. My 5 senses (touch, taste, hearing, smelling, and sight) have been feeling very strange. When I touch my face, etc. I have to thoroughly touch it or any part really because I kind of dont feel like im touching myself. When I eat I dont enjoy my food because I can't really taste it as well and I feel like I just have food in my mouth (so I haven't been eating well) My sight isn't poor per say I just have to focus a lot on what I see just to make sure I'm seeing it right. Im basically paying a lot of extra attention at every basic little thing we pretty much take for granted. Its been 3 days now including today and this is all pretty scary. This weekend I had a small cold and Sunday night I didnt sleep at all because of it so I didnt work Monday and I also didnt work Tuesday. But around Tuesday is when I started to notice my lack of taste and touch but I assumed it was because of the cold. But from Wednesday till now its been just like how I described and my cold is pretty much gone. I have no idea how I've been working at all (I do home remodeling/construction) and I know what I'm doing it just feels like my brain is like commanding me and processing my tasks by itself and my body is just responding like if it was a robot. Im pretty young as well (just turned 23 early this month), I go to the gym at least 3 times a week (I haven't gone as much recently because of how late I get from work) I eat somewhat healthy and I haven't had any problems with my blood pressure, cholesterol and anything like that. Im also not overweight (Im 5'7" 145 lb) So this is all bizarre to me. Any info I can get before I go see a doctor is very much appreciated!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.