My 7 year old has PA for 2 months not getting better

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 7 year old daughter has pityriasis Rosea for almost two months. We went to 3 doctor who all said it was ring worms before seeing a dermatologist who diagnosis my daughters rash as Pityriasis Rosea. At this point she has been dealing with the rash for 5 weeks. He told us to use a moisturizer but to pretty much the rash will go away on its one. Now nearly 2 months and my daughters rash is continuing to spread and it doesn't look like its going away. The rash does not seem to bother her at all but its the look that bothers me. She has it on her chest, stomach, back, shoulders, upper arms, front and back thighs. butt and all her private area. Please any advice and info would be great. Thanks.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Maria

I used Head and Shoulder as soap.. and really rubbed it in for about 3 - 5 mins.  It will start to sting all over my body for a bit then I wash it off.  

Right after the first time i tried it, my skin was very dry.  But it stopped itching, and it start to peel almost immediately.  I started peeling for about a week then my skin color started getting back to normal.  There A LOT of peeling.  I'd wake up in a bunch of my own dead skin....anyway.. Hope that helps. 

P.S. 

some threads here suggest clinical head and shoulder, i couldn't get that in my country so i just picked any random one.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.