My 9 year old daughter had had this 8 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm looking for advice my daughter had been diagnosed with this condition since June but been suffering since January , she has had such a bad episode this time it looks like she is going to have scars , She has been referred to a dermatologist now and waiting to to them . Will she out grow this. I am really worried as it is really affecting her confidence x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi jowelly, 

My son has just been diagnosed with hsp too 😔 I took him to my gp and we got referred straight to hospital and they thought at first it was either meningitis, blood poisoning or leukaemia  The only information I have on this so far is that it can  re-occur and it can take weeks to months to get over we've been allowed home today and a nurse is visiting us tomorrow to give my son some more antibiotics then we have to go back in on Thursday. 

I was just wondering how your little girl is doing? I have a website with more information the doctor gave me it's

Www.infokid.org.uk/conditions 

• Posted

Hi Claire , she's getting there, she hasn't had any new spots for about 3 weeks , however still

Suffering headaches and tired a lot. She's seeing a dermatologist in a few weeks as the rash was so bad it's left her with scars . It's awful to see her like this and the fact there's nothing they can do is so frustrating. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.