My 9 year old son has gastroparesis

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I kind of wanted a little advise on this matter my son has tried medication treatment with no results he has constant pain in his stomach including nausea and sometimes vomiting. He only ways 49 to 50 pounds and he is Getting skinner looking very pain dark circles under eyes. He is going to the doc again tomorrow and I was going to ask about trying a feeding tube to see if that changing anything. He has no energy and we have tried all of our other option I just want others options if I am going in the right direction or not very lost he has been dealing with this for two years

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi torries01484

Has your little one had any ultrsound or CT scans to check for anything going on in his digestive system and has he had a complete blood count and his vitamins checked.....if he is not eating he will be lacking essential vitamins also he will become dehydrated and lacking in electrolytes...all vitamins are essential and one in particular B12 and associated B12 vits....if deficient in these he will become very ill.....i would imagine your health provider would have done blood counts and vit checks...if not request to get them checked....I do feel for you and your son and I sincerely hope you can find an answer.....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.