My ablation is done :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my ablation a week ago today.

All went fine, the procedure took around 2 1/2 hours.

I was aware of what was happening and able to watch it on the screen next to me.

The only time I felt a little uncomfortable was when the ablation was taking place, although it really wasn't a big deal.

The hardest part was having to be still for 2 hours after it!

My right leg is fine and I did take a week off work, as recommended by the surgeon.

My first day back at work was pretty tiring, by the time I got home I was shattered.

Tomorrow, I'm on a half day, so I'm sure I'll feel the benefit.

The surgeon said for me to stop my Bisoprolol, which I have.

I'm now taking aspirin, one a day for a month.

That's it really. Oh, so far, my heart rate is normal, no flutterings or palpitations.

Fingers crossed it'll stay that way smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's great news. Glad to hear it all went well. Did you suffer SVT for a while? I'm 31yrs old and have had 2 episodes in 2 years. I'm petrified of it happening again. I've had ECG (only after the episode in which HR had dropped from 200+ and was recorded at 130. Bloods normal, 24hr urine test normal. I've had heart scan, 24hr heart tape all normal. Now I've to wait to see consultant at hospital for further treatment. Glad to read your story m, sounds like your recovering well x

• Posted

So wonderful to hear Patricia.  Wishing you many many SVT free years.

I am waiting for a date for my second one

Hope you slowly wean off the bisoprolol.  I had huge withdrawals just stopping it.  I guess it depends on how long you have been on it , and how high your dose was.

Happy to hear good results

• Posted

Im happy for you it all went good.

My ablation is scheduled next week and im panicking about it. How did you feel during the procedure? Any pain or shaking?

• Posted

Excellent news, Patricia. It's much fun to imagine the joy you felt as you made your encouraging report.

I'm now 4 months after my 2nd ablation and still SVT free.  That's after 52 years of being tortured by this monster.  I still have frequent ectopics and some flutters, but this is definitely a new and better life for me.

I'll continue to suggest that SVT people work through their understandable fears of ablation and, give it a go.  I might even have a 3rd in me, but I sure as #%*& don't won't to find out.

Take the best of care of yourself, and please keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.