My acid reflux is out of control with headache any good advice.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer from acid reflux for many years recently it has gonne out of cotrol. Now everything that I eat even water creates gas in my stomac. The mecicine, which is pantoprazole it does not helping me. My doctror order a ultrasoud and coloscopy, which is taking time midtime I even end up at the hospital because I was not able to keep food or water with the nausea and sever headache neutral

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Josie - feel for you. Maybe talk to doc and see if change of meds can help while you wait for your procedure. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Jolie.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, iv been there.

I was on lansoprosole for about 5 years. One day early later year I thought I was having a heart attack, but it was the acid Reflux, so they upped my

Dose and said take gaviscon. Worked for a few months and it was back

again this time my bp was all over the place palputations and a racing

heart, so was put on beta blockers which calmed me down for a week

but I started fainting, then I started with server health anxiety.

I took myself off the lansoprosole and was advised to stop the beta

Blockers, but with the he'll of a year I had on different Meds it's left my

mind in bits, I an now going through the side effects of ant depressants.

I feel for you, but the more anxious you get the worse the reflux will be.

Now iv calmed down a bit, I try and control it with diet and gaviscon

when needed. And it's about 80% better than it was, one of my main

trigger is wine, it cripples me, just my luck.

Hope you get sorted soon

Best wishes

• Posted

Hey you sound like you need urgent attention. Ask for the colonoscopy AND Gastroscopy to br hurried and mention all your symptoms.

Good luck

• Posted

Until you can get medical care, I would try aloe Vera juice and Gaviscon advance to help with the pain. My sympathies 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.