My acne-free success

Posted , 3 users are following.

In order to be acne-free I remove all makeup with a fragrance-free wipe. I then wash my face twice a day with something containing salicylic acid (currently using Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Mask) (apply it to wet skin and wash it off with cold water to open up the pores). I also use it on my torso and back. I then apply Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel Toner with cotton wool to remove any excess dirt, do this twice a day. In the morning I then apply Nivea Moisturiser - I don't use this at night as it makes it difficult to apply a gel prescribed by my GP (Duac Daily Gel Benzoyl Peroxide). I am also on the contraceptive pill which makes a huge positive difference to my acne. I always ensure I wear fresh clothes, especially my bra. I had severe acne for 10 years and since i've been doing all this I have been spot free for 4 years.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I happy to hear that your routine helped you jcrooks89. I tried doing most of the things as you, however nothing helped. t didnt matter what cleaning or beauty treatments i was using, nothing would help.After numerous sessions of antibiotics the only one that was affective was Roaccutane which helped me to get rid of my acne but gave me some terrible side effects..
    • Posted

Are you on the pill or need contraception? Cilest is improving my skin because ive recently had a break from it and my acne has severely returned. So going back on it today. Spots are caused from a hormone imbalance.
    • Posted

No, i wasnt on the pill, that might help. Luckily Rooaccutane got rid of the spots for now, dont know how long it wilk take for it to come back though. I will go on contraceptive pill if it does come back, so you have got the right option there
    • Posted

I think youre only allowed Roaccutane for a short period of time because its quite dangerous (terrorists on 9/11 plane was on it). I was on it when I was 16. Things work differently for different people - my old hairdresser gave up dairy and ive never seen her with a spot. If you go on the pill and it doesnt work you can ask to try a different type. If mine dont disappear by 3 months im going to ask for a different one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.