My acrylic has lifted my natural nail!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 3 days ago I banged my thumb on a wall and my acrylic has lifted my natural nail. It bled a little and I strapped it up although its still very tender and has a strong pulse. The nail almost seems like its secured back into place too and wont lift up fully without force. Im scared that if i visit my doctor or walkin centre they will have to remove the full nail, which sounds very painfull!

SOMEONE PLS HELP!!! image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

try holding the nail in place and cutting/clipping it as short as possible. Wash gently every day,dry and then bind up to stop the nail moving. If the nail is going to detach it will gradually grow out and fall off , but looking at your picture it looks as though it has detached a little bit and will grow out.The daily binding will help to stop the nail getting caught and ripping away from the nail bed, which is very painful.

• Posted

Thats what ive been doing, just worried about infection I guess! Thankyou for replying❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.