My alcoholism is scaring me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi my name is shane and I am 25 years old I can't stop thinking about drink. Everytime I drink I can't stop and its always a disaster if its not ambulance or police or people really upset or people I am hurting bad emotionally I am never physical. I can't stop thinking about it I love drink so much. I have a good job I worked hard to get and afraid I will ruin it. I am trying AA but I just can't get into it everyone at it is about 30 years older and I am so scared this is destined to be my life.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I HAVE TO SAY i can completely relate to this .... this was me ... you was me ... last time i got wasted i got arrested ... that was 6 months ago .. and i havent touched it since ... now i am a bit older than you so my social life isnt has wild anymore but when i was your age .. getting drunk was all i did ... everything was drink orientated .. socially i mean ...but the difference was it was always me that was the most drunk .. always cringing and it almost was just the norm ... it makes me feel sick now to be honest ... my only advice and i know this because im doing it and its working .. is to replace a fake high with a natural high .. i go boxing now .. and i made a boundary i decided not to drink for 90 days ... i can promise you ... and its a true promise .... make a boundary and stick to it ... its empowering ... try and like yourself ... its a liquid !!! its insane how its everywhere ... if i was happy ' lets get pd ' if i was sad 'lets get pd' if it only ever ends up one wayyy ....then you need to try life on the other side for 90 days ... or 1 month ... your not a joke you matter and you count ... i cant tell you how having people ring me telling me all kinds of whats gone on with people being drunk and kicking off ( and its not meeee ) ... feels like ... its a liquid !!!! i keep telling myself this ... do the opposite of what people think ... work event ... ( silent boundary im not gonna be the d******d ) trust me when you see that it really isnt just YOU ... a lot of people are a wknd away of it all going tits up .... but more plausable . goid luck xx

• Posted

That's very much for your advice I can't tell you how much I appreciate. Where are you from? Would you be willing to give me an email address so we can chat more?

• Posted

I CAN SAY BROTHER THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE IM 34 and ive been in severeral detoxes and two very expensive rehabs and emdr therapy, cognitive behavior therapy will help

• Posted

Like you, i was a very heavy drinker for much longer than you and it was definitely destroying my life! Sad excuses for drinking and always hiding bottles around the house. Vodka, blue cider, white or red wine it did not matter. I eventually stopped and on 31st December i will be 7 years sober. You should have a goal and purpose!Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.