My ankle still hurts after years

Posted , 5 users are following.

I sprained my ankle two years ago, I didn't put ice immediately and after months only I consult a chiropractor. The chiropractor pretty much just gives electrical impulses and ultrasound to fasten the healing process.But I don't think now it's fully healed. I can feel that the ankle is weaker compared to last time and now I can control if I want to make clicking sound by twisting it. I can keep making the clicking sound and I don't think it's good. If I stand for too long , my ankle hurts also at the part in the image I attached. My finger is pointing at the area where it hurts, I tried massaging the area, it's like some ligament or tendon that hurts, when I massage it, the pain is sharp and my ankle moves on its own a little bit. I know it's a bit too late but I would like to know is there anyway to help my situation. And also when I previously sprain it, the x Ray shows that I have a small bone chip from the sprained ankle. is there any advice like maybe acupuncture? Anyone have an idea please reply. thanks File size is too big

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the file size is too big but put your finger at your third toe and drag it straight back until you reach your ankle bone ,that is the area that hurts, I believe it's the ligament

• Posted

See an orthopedic doctor and perhaps get an MRI to diagnose your injury.

• Posted

I broke my fibula and I found a chiropractor that takes actual xrays not the pressure scan. He is able to focus on the areas around the break and it helps so much. Other chiropractors prior tried the same treatment you are talking about. Good Luck!

• Posted

I agree that you should try and get in to see an orthopedic doctor. Depending on ow much damage you have done you may never completely get rid of the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.