My Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

I wanted to talk about the symptoms that I have been having hoping that someone out here is going through the same thing and could help me cope. For almost seven months i have been dizzy,light headed, irritated,blurry vision, pressure in the back of my head and tightness in the chest. I have been to the hospital four times and all the test of the head and chest and heart and blood work have came back negative. My doctor said that I am suffering with anxiety. He prescribed me Fluoxetine which I was scared to take because of all of the alarming side effects. Tonight I got so tired of feeling like I was dying and atleast took a half of the pill just to see how it would react to my body. I am searching for natural ways to calm my anxiety because I don't want to be addicted to taking a medication for life. Does anyone know anything or is anyone experiencing the same thing. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. I have four children that i can not hardly dedicate my time too because of this disorder. I want my life to return back to normal .

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have had all of your symptoms for the past two months and my psychiatrist just diagnosed me with panic attacks and anxiety. These symptoms are just horrible and it is scary experiencing them and not being able to feel normal. How did you feel after taking the medication? I have been taking anti-anxiety medication because the symptoms just became too much for me to handle. After taking medication most all of my symptoms went away and now I have the mental space to think about how I can plan on getting better. I would recommend taking the medication just so you have the peace and space in your head to feel hopeful and ambitious about healing and making plans to sort everything out. But obviously I respect your decision to be cautious with medication :]
  • Posted

nobody  wants to reply   anymore     pits isnt it----------feel same ways and 61     took  a xanax  yellow cause   out of mine , made me dizzy and been felt bad  all day long,,,,veins hurt etc   felt going nuts,, had to make myself go clean a big  drs office take only at  night to sleep   and  been this ways since had verge of pnumonia in  nov did herbs only  15 years  so as u want me back
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

I have been through this and it was put down to taking codeine for a fracture I was only taking four tablets a WEEK , honestly. Anyway it turns out that I have a thyroid disorder. I would strongly suggest that you ask yyour GP to check your thyroid hormone levels and thyroid antibodoes. The only sbmy thyroidnag is that the NHS do not do all the necessary thyroid screening tests so people suffer needlessly for yeears with a thyroid disoder whilst being indoctrinated by drs that they re suffering from a psychiatric disorder. Panic attacks, anxiety, depression, light headedness rate very highly on the list of igns and symptoms of thyroid disorders.  

Anyway Elizabeth please do not feel alarmed at all this. IMO it is best to explore all avenues before taking any drug especially a psychotropic drug such as an antidepressant.

Take care.

• Posted

These are all classic symptoms with anxiety which I also get.

If you dont want to take medication try therapy

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

Hi elizabeth, we have same symptoms, try rooibos tea, twice or three time a day. And every morning meditate for 5 mins, and in the evening try to go to youtube and listen to guided relaxation... It works for me..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.