My anxiety comes and goes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I've had GAD for 4 months now, I'm basically wondering wether anyone else finds there anxiety comes and goes? For example right now I feel fine but then all of a sudden it comes on full force without any warning?

I now argue with myself wether I actually have anxiety or not because right now I feel ok.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Rory

Yeah I'm exactly the same I can be absolutely fine then all of a sudden I come over all dizzy like I'm going to pass out and can't get my breath, everytime it happens I think something bad will happen to me but I'm still here lol

• Posted

Hey!

Thank you kirsty.

Now as I'm writing this I have butterflies and my heartbeat is getting faster haha.

I don't worry something really wrong with me? I'm sorry you do!

I get like this when I know I have to do something like go out to the shops or meet with friends sad

• Posted

Yeah I had a fast rapid heart beat and palpitations I'm on tablets now which have really helped it as I went to hospital four times cos of it but everything was normal, it's hard to get your head round that anxiety can cause all these symptoms, I started with it about a month ago just came out of blue, what other symptoms do you get
    • Posted

I go all shakey and start sweating or I'm really figity and can't stay still. right now I can feel my heart thumping through my chest. But some days it's there but manageable and some days I just can't manage it at all
    • Posted

Also some situations I can do but some I can't. For example I could go get a coffee and I'm fine but the next day I could do exactly the same and be a mess and panic
    • Posted

Yeah I'm exactly the same and I also get pain in my chest, are you not on any medication for it, Cos your heart is beating so fast you will go dizzy it's awful
    • Posted

No some how I manage it. But are you the same? Some situations are easy and some are just a no go?
    • Posted

I couldn't manage been like that I was a lot worse than I am now I'm so glad the beta blockers calmed. My heart down as it was racing more or less all time, yeah Im exactly same
    • Posted

I have to go get some food now and knowing I have to do that my heart beat has got faster. I just don't get anxiety. I don't get how some situations are fine and some arent
    • Posted

I know it's weird isn't it, like I get nervous going to doctors and things I don't feel comfortable with, how did it all start for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.