My anxiety has me thinking am gonna die every min

Posted , 5 users are following.

I been having anxiety n panic attacks the pass 6 mouth idk wat to do no more I feel AMA die every min know chest pains hard time breathing head hurts and the feeling I get it just feels so real I go to the doctor and everything comes out find i don't have ntn wrong with me everything is gd with my body i start it this anxiety with I got a bad news about a close friend passing aways n know I can't get this over with my question is am AMA be feeling like this for the rest of my life wat can I do to stop this I try so hard I get mad at my self for not being able to stop this I really thought i was a strong person I just feel so down right know will love my old me back help😢😢😢

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this is going on for you! Anxiety is a total pain....

First of all, I must ask... when going to the doctor, did you have a list of your symptoms ready for him? If not, I'd suggest keeping a journal to organize these symptoms and understand them more.

If this idea was already considered, do you have any other doctors you can go to? Have you went to more than one doctor to get help for the anxiety? If not, I highly suggest you try that.

However, if all else fails, it wouldn't hurt to do some research and figure out some relaxation techniques to manage the anxiety. Meditation, yoga, and exercise may be helpful, to name a few examples. Whenever you feel the panic coming on, take a few deep breaths and tell yourself everything will be okay. Explore all these techniques and much more, to see what works best in reducing your anxious symptoms. I'm addition, it may do great wonders to limit the amount of caffeine you consume, if you have any.

Either way, hope everything works out! If you need anyone to talk to, you can message me.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I have suffered from anxiety since March. I can relate to how you feel. I had a really bad patch where I honestly thought I was going to die and the fear was so real, every part of me worried I would.

I suffered from spaced out feelings for weeks where I felt floating, palpitations, a feeling as if I can't breath properly, aching body to the point where I wanted to stay in bed, pins and needles, body vibrations. Ear muffling, I felt like a nervous wreck. I had mri, ct scan, heart scan ecg. I got to the point that I had so much done that only then did I have to accept it was anxiety. I would have moments where I was really bad and then not so bad, my symptoms would change every time a few weeks heart palps, then pins and needles hence why I thought I was dying. I also use to say ' I just want to be myself again' as I was very rational and not irrational.

I think over time, and realising that after every panic that I didn't die and also thinking if something was really wrong with me something more serious would happen or I would of died by now. Helped me see it was all physical symptoms of anxiety. I tried a few things to help myself, such as having baths to relax, sometimes I would have 3 a day. Massage would also help me. Yoga can also be good. There was a point where I wouldn't live my house without a bottle of water or my cross. But it made me feel safer at the time. I have managed to get through it but I do still have times where if I have something wrong an ache or a pain I will think the worse still and worry what it could be, it does get me down at times. However I just think to myself what can I do but see a doctor and hope nothing is wrong. My way of thinking is much more rational than it use to be.

You will definitely start to feel more yourself, it could take days, weeks or months. For others much longer. However, nonetheless it will get better, you will have days you feel less worried. I found the more I got normal results from the Drs I had to face facts that I was not actually dying. Also, finding different ways to relax myself and also trying to take it day by day. I went for lots of walks with my boyfriend too.

I know right now you feel horrible, and it's like your world just stops being the world you once knew. But try take it day by day, watch some positive thinking videos, yoga, exercise, baths, massage, listen to music, talk to people who understand, it's okay to have the thoughts you are having, when you have the moments where you feel you are going to die try talk yourself through it & remind yourself you are not dying, take some deep breaths and give yourself the time you need. Talk to a friend or on the forum, you will get through it. X

• Posted

Thank units just the way i feel but like u said I will take it day by day I wish I can be the old me I have a child that need me %100 😢

• Posted

Be brave for your child! Anxiety will only control you if you let it, I have come to realise that! But it's not easy to get rid of it takes time. Have you tried taking anything to help? Sounds silly but are you getting enough nutrition when you eat? Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.