My anxiety has peaked

Posted , 2 users are following.

for the past weeks my anxiety has just peaked. everyday i feel some sort of physical discomfort. for the past few night i have been feeling short of breath. i can be good all day and then right when i lay down i feel a shallow breathing and sometimes my vision goes blurry and i see black spots. i know i need to control my breathing but this sucks .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yes it sucks for sure. I know how that feels but I also know that you can get it under control. It’s hard to do alone so I found a great thing on YouTube where the person talking guides you through your breathing. It really worked for me! Plus you can do it and nobody even has to know , like if you’re out in public or something like that.but I learned it at home.

If you search YouTube for something called stop panic attacks now, then scroll down to one called don’t panic. It’s in black letters. You don’t have to be in a full-blown panic attack to use this. It’s for anybody who wants to get their breathing under control. It’s short, and very effective.whole key to getting the anxiety under control is proper breathing .

i also Had the blurry vision and can still get it if I am very anxious. It’s very common with anxiety and so is having the black spots in your vision. I have had that on and off for years. It’s not harmful. after a while your brain tends to tune them out so I know I have them but I really don’t see them nearly as much anymore.

there are hundreds of symptoms related to anxiety all of which are not harmful. But I know how annoying they can be.

plus there are hundreds of other breathing meditations on YouTube. Check it out!

you’re going to be great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.