My anxiety hasn't acted up like this in a while so it's hardly to handle right now

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello friends,

I know that I am most likely experiencing my terrible anxiety symptoms again but it's nice to be reassured or comforted by all of your opinions. Recently I've experienced a new set of anxiety symptoms. My throat keeps clenching up, my jaw as well. I have medical classes that I hear things in so I'm not always sure if I'm incorporating this into my symptoms of anxiety or it's actually really bad. So the newest is that u read in a class activity that a patient had a fatigued feeling head aches and her stomach was in some pain and she ended up having a blot clot to her heart. Now today my stomach has been upset from and I've made a few trips to the restroom because of cramping. Also it could be from trapped gas but I'm not sure. I've also had a tight back that's started. But I've convinced myself that it's pain that is going to lead to a heart attack from a blood clot because my leg has also been a bit achey. I'm not sure if this is all happening because school has started back up again or if I really am dying... Feedback? Anything would be appreciated!!!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Take good notes in class so you know where you're getting things from . a clot is usually very painful

• Posted

Hi Schwwynn,

Are you a medical student ? Sounds to me you are stressed as you are expected to excell as a medical student, there's where the stress starts.

If you haven't been checked out by a doctor do so , best to get it all cleared up now before your brain tries to teach your nerves or vice verca unwanted thoughts and symptoms, the sooner you get onto it the better.

• Posted

Symptoms of a blood clot in the leg:  swelling, pain, tenderness, a warm sensation and/or a bluish discoloration.  If you have these, I would check with a doctor.

But I have a feeling it's anxiety related because school has started up again.  Our body sometimes sends out pain issues if we're stressed.  So don't worry or feel overwhelmed, but if only for peace of mind see the doctor just to rule it out.

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this! My anxiety is up right now, too, and it just sucks!

I would go check in with your doc if I were you. It is very, very possible that you are just picking some stuff up by suggestion. But even talking about that with your doctor might be a good idea. I suspect they have to teach you about all the bizarre, extremely rare cases, so you might need some tools to help you cope if that happens in the future.

I get stomach/GI systems all the time when I'm anxious. I also find myself clenching my jaw. You could be sort of clenching your throat muscles, too, I suspect. If you haven't yet, you might look up some relaxation exercises online and experiment to see which ones you might like. Doing those when you notice tension, or even better doing them even if you don't notice tension, can help reduce your symptoms.

• Posted

That's the problem with anxiety, and panic attacks. They come out of no where,bang, here it is,and we just get more worked up,and more worked up. You are not dying,and with the terrible nasty panic, you just live it, and relive it. Have you talked to your doc about a antidepressant. If it keeps up, you should. Terrible to live with anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.