My anxiety is getting worse

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey people I'm Usman I'm 27 male from Manchester.I was diagnosed with severe anxiety last year 4 months after losing my close cousin. I was really weird sensations in my face' head and nose

Than suddenly started to get palpitations. I kept on going to my gp or the a&e on a number of time thinking I'm having a heart attack. I've had all blood test done and lots of ECGs everything by the grace of God has come clear but symptoms were still there. So my doctor suggested that I was depressed and really anxious and he referred me to get CBT. I went for CBT sessions a few times but no cure so I stopped going. I had lost faith in my gp so I thought I'd speak to a locum doctor that covers my gp on Fridays. She looked into my file and also heard me out and then thought to put me on Citalopram I started taking Citalopram and fought through the side effects and started getting better by the day but there was always one thing buggering me is the trembling so after 5 month of Citalopram I thought I'll stop cold turkey" what a big mistake" anyway started going down the ladder so back at the gp only to get put on Mirtazapine. I started on 15mg of Mirtazapine for about 5 days and the gp told me to take 30mg I've been on 30mg for 3 days now. I think it's making it worse..... I feel more stressed out I get palpitations I get electric shock kind of feelings in my hole body speacially on the back of my legs back and shoulders. And feel really weird all the time and on top of that the thinking of death all the time. I keep think I'm gonna die of an heart attack.... If any body can talk too me for domes uppity please reply to me thanks....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have depression been on 45mg mitazapine for years and its kept my mood even.

But just recentlt Ive started  to have anxiety attackes, Ive been to a and e twice and been to my gp twice a week for a month, they say its all psychosamatic.

But its very real to me on waiting list for therapy but its 3 months long, Im basically housebound and cant even think about going back to work.

Sorry I dont have any answers for you.

• Posted

Sounds just like anxiety especially since you had doctors run test. Sorry for the loss of your cousin. it sounds stressful to lose someone so close, this may have put your body in hyper stimulate mode. I hear it takes the body a while to recover once you become symptomatic. I think the key to fee better again is to accept everything. Dont let your symptoms bother you and try to keep your body relaxed as much as possible while doing healthy things for yourself.

Im trying to do the same for myself, I hope I feel like the old me again soon.

• Posted

You have only been on the new medication for 3 days, it can take up to 2 weeks to build up in your system. Some times months to take full effect. Give it a chance to work.  The side effects will wain. If they don't follow up with GP.  Quit being your own doctor and quiting medications, I know first hand.  Makes things worse, you introducing medications to create more seretonin in your brain, the feeling good chemicals.  When you stop, of course your brain chemistry is going to say what the hell is going on here, and cause all kinds of symptoms.  Follow doctors directions, and consult them them when your having issues.  Read the medication phamplets that come with your medications, they are there for a reason.
  • Posted

hi usman i too suffer with anxiety its horrible and you makes you feel so alone but your not i didnt get on with cbt at all it will calm down evenually does it make ttou feel restless and like your going mad 
    • Posted

Hey janine hope your well. Sorry to hear your suffering with the same problems as me. It's so awful I would never wish it upon any body I swear. How did your anxiety start and how do you deal with it.
  • Posted

Hi Usman smile I'm 27 too and suffer with anxiety/depression. Sorry to hear your ill & for the loss of your cousin.

Those side effects aren't the nicest are they! Have you been back to your go for further advice? Perhaps going back onto Citalopram might help you get stronger againsmile it's so difficult, but here any time you need a chat!

Get well soon! X

• Posted

Hey Mia how are you? Hope your well. Went to gp today and told him how anxious I'm getting over the days and my heart palpitations are getting worse. He understands all the symptoms and told me they will get better soon one the medication and the CBT sessions get in to mind. It's absolutely awful I feel wasted all the time. If you don't mind could you tell me what kind of symptoms you get thanks. Hope you get well too. If it's easier you can contact me on 07446906192 it will make me feel better when I talk to to someone and get it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.