My anxiety is taking over my life and I don't know what to do?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have suffered with anxiety for the past 2 and a half years! Some days I will be fine and feel great then all of a sudden I feel my stomach drops to the pit of my stomach and I start panicking. I worry about worrying and before things even happen. I am feeaking out about going on holiday in June already incase of a panic attack or illness. I am worrying before things even happen. How do I snap out of this vicious circle? I have nothing to be anxious about. Great family great job and just started a new relationship with a guy I really like. I take propanolol as and when i need to and this does help calm me down. I have also had CBT. This worked for a few weeks but all anxiety comes back and I have forgotten what we spoke about. I just want a resolution and to feel normal again! Any advice will be much appreciated,

1 like, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Emily

I used to suffer from panic attacks. 

I decided I didn't want to take medication if I could avoid it.  So I did loads of research and finally came across Emotional Freedom technique or EFT.  I have not had a panic attack for a few years now and if I feel a bit anxious about something (there's always something isn't there?) - I just use the technique for a few minutes and it calms me right down.

There's loads of videos for EFT on Youtube if you're willing to give it a try!

PM me if you need anything more specific?

EFT will work for you if you persist with it

I hope you find relief

Barbara

• Posted

Hi Barbara that's brilliant. So

Is it since you have been using this technique you have not had a panic attack? That is deffinitly something I will have a look at thank you and I will let you know how I get on

• Posted

Hi Emily

Yes - I used the technique to overcome my panic attacks.  And now if or when I feel anxious - let's face it things happen which make us anxious - I just use the technique for a few minutes and it helps me to calm down and relax.

Let me know how you get on with it?

Barbara

• Posted

hi Barbara I used the technique this morning and do

You know what it actually really helped relax me. I will probably look like a weirdo tapping myself when I am on am gojng on holiday etc but if it works! That's brilliant that is has worked for you.

• Posted

Hi Emily

I'm so pleased for you - It just plain works does n't it?

I wouldn't worry too much about what people think - although I would always just find a loo or a quiet corner to tap.

Also if you're out and about and can't get to a loo - you could always just tap on the karate chop point - because no-one would notice that!  And that would help too!

Remember the secret is to keep tapping on all of your anxious thoughts - at least if they're bothering you!

You'll be amazed at the results you'll get if you keep it up!

I'm thrilled for you

Barbara 

• Posted

hi im new on this but im 23 now but it all started at age 12 on wards i have never felt normal i take 40 mg 3 times a day but i still get palpations i get so fustrated bout it i dont even no why i get them i have genralised anxitey and depresion mild bi polor and bordaline personalty disorder a hate that im not normal i no its mad but your not alone i have ceen cbt and other ppl and im same works for few months then boom am mentally ill again
    • Posted

Hi misunderstood, palpitations are a feeling. When I get the flutters as I call them I go to the Gym for a good work out and this gets rid of the fluttering feeling and makes me feel a lot more relaxed! I tend to go to the gym at night as this then relaxes me and I have a brilliant night sleep. I just wish there was a switch which turns anxiety off this would make life am much easier but hey all the crazy people are the best ha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.