My anxiety won't go away and now feels like it's gone to another level!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Soo, my story. I'll try to be as brief as i can so you don't lose interest.

Last June my anxiety started. I had a panic attack one night, i was alone in the apartment. I thought i was dying, had to call an ambulance.  Ever since i am basically afraid to sleep knowing im alone at night.

Anyway, it's now gone to another level.  A month ago i almost passed out, i went to do laundry and as i came out the building my vision started to blur, legs started to buckle and i basically was about to faint but i pulled myself out of it somehow.  Since then i've been convinced i've got something wrong with  me and that makes the anxiety worse.. I feel like i'm in a dream like state. Can't concentrate, constantly tired, balance feels off etc

I guess i just want to hear from others that share this feeling and whether this is the anxiety causing this!

Thanks to you all

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Yes you had a full blown panic attack. Saying that always get a full exam from the doctor so you know you are in good health physically.  There are many similarities when dealing with panic attacks but each has their twist to them as each of us have a different focus on worries us. 

What are you doing to manage these attacks or the anxiety itself? 

• Posted

Hi!

I've started to see a therapist again, as for medicine, i have Attarax but i try not to take it if i can help it.

It's spaced out feeling i can't deal with

• Posted

Its basically horrible for a while until you slowly gain more knowledge and acceptance of this disorder. You are not alone in this at all. It does get better as time goes on as long as you keep up with therapy and learning. 
    • Posted

I do feel like the therapy is helping and also talking about it to others helps too

I did actually get my heart and bloody pressure checked out too - all is well

• Posted

It is important that you talk to your GP if your condition is getting worse so He can compensate for your fears and concerns.

BOB

• Posted

I know the feeling only too well, had four panic attacks this week, the most in I dont know how long. My head is fried, Im weak, Im tired, Im drained from them. On medication both Lexapro 20mg, Lyrica 150mg and Xanax 0.25mg when required and still not helping things
    • Posted

Sorry to hear it. The draining feeling is so annoying, just feel like I can't do anything

Are you seeing a therapist?

• Posted

Just started seen one last week. Had my first session so fingers crossed.

Tried a counsellor about a year ago and did 2-3 sessions but I didn't have a great relationship with her so hoping I'll do better this time around

• Posted

Getting a counsellor you can get on with can be a problem.

I am getting a new one next week and I have waited since at least July.

There was one that was going to meet me before my Holiday Sad to say it was when I was away.

BOB

• Posted

Think I've worked out that I'm actually suffering from depersonalisation. This sound familiar to anyone else?

• Posted

Yes me it's awful feel like your seeing the world with double glazing in front of you awful feeling had it 7 months now.

• Posted

So horrible. How are you dealing with it?
    • Posted

Hey I have this from panic attacks how are you now?
  • Posted

Jeez, the Depersonalization is just getting worse!
    • Posted

I actually ended our sessions and on that night is when all of this started again...
    • Posted

Weird feelings in my head, like im in a dream, cant explain a lot of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.